autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Paint Decontamination Video

I am making a companion video to my 1st video. It is going to focus on the paint decontamination process; what it is and its value in the detailing process. My question, what are the misconceptions customers have in regards to this topic? Where do you think customers lack in knowledge or are just misinformed?

Thank you.

I have a general idea myself, but just to make sure I am fine tuning everything for the business and the detailing community I would like more perspectives to validate, tweak, or change my own. And I am OCD lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint Decontamination Video

Quote Originally Posted by Rod73 View Post
    My question, what are the misconceptions customers have in regards to this topic? Where do you think customers lack in knowledge or are just misinformed?
    My opinion is the vast majority don't care about the details. It's interesting to them, but in order to secure a sale and a happy customer, I don't find going into details helps much. I simply go over what the various packages include and ask if they have any questions. Included in my initial conversation are some open ended questions which are basically what they are looking to have done or accomplished in terms of the detail/correction work. Keep it simple as making it complicated won't bring you any favors.

In terms of where I think customers lack insight is on which coating to use. Some have searched for or have been quoted on very high priced coatings/corrections and from there I simply give them a fair perspective based on their vehicles goals, the vehicles use and what I feel is in their best interest.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)