autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Out of the ordinary customer experience

I see dumb people,thought they were ghosts but turns out they are real and everywhere

Post Thanks / Like

Some people are scum. Plain as that. I'm on AG forum just for my truck, I don't do this for a living.

However, I've worked at a marina for 20+ years hauling & launching boats. 99% of people are great. But there is always that 1% that will insist you "damaged my hull" upon the haul out.

Really? The lift (sling) position is nowhere near the damage you claimed to have. Oh, and I have pictures of this "marina incurred damage" at the slip before we even got on your boat. (Yes, I do that now with my phone on all new customers boats),

The response? "(sheepishly........) Uhhh, Oh. Must've already been there...."

Yeah, no Sh*t. Guess what? You don't get a dockage contract next season.

Not a post about cars/trucks, but the premise is the same.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys have any legal language in your paperwork/agreements/contracts that protect you in such an event?

I am in the process of redoing my paperwork, and am including such legal language to assist in protecting me from false accusations and customers with agendas.
    I have never had a problem in detailing to date, but have not been in business very long.

Here is a snippet of my Terms and Conditions:
    This company.....................not responsible nor liable for pre-existing damage of a customers vehicle or property other.
    This company.....................not responsible nor liable for pre-existing conditions that lend themselves to damage of a customers vehicle or property other.
    This company.....................not responsible nor liable for pre-existing damage of a customers vehicle or property other committed by a separate detailer / detailers, professional or non-professional.
    This company.....................not responsible nor liable for pre-existing damage of a customers vehicle or property other committed by a mechanic, professional or non-professional.
    In the event a claim is filed, the complete price of the services performed must be settled in full, before processing of a claim can take place.

Post Thanks / Like

hey, try working as an automotive tech.

did an oil change? My check engine light came on after you did it.
    Transmission service? My tires need to be balanced....what did you do?
    AC service? Now it doesn't blow as cold as my neighbors car.

And my all time favorite....

Car is towed in for a NO START condition. After diag and repair, vehicle now starts.
    Customer comes to pick up vehicle, come right back in and says...IT'S MAKING A NOISE THAT IT DIDN'T MAKE BEFORE.
    My response? Your absolutely right...it didn't make ANY noise when it came in. In fact, it was dead quiet, as it didn't start.
    Just because I repaired your vehicle so that it now starts, does not mean i'm going to replace your belts and tensioner.

This happens to me about once a month. And it's ALWAYS some a$$hole who wants more that what he can afford.
    Last edited by Levithan9; 02-26-2017 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

These types of complaints happen far too often in the auto repair industry. It's so comical to hear about it in the detailing industry now, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Some people aren't trying to scam you. They're just completely ignorant about how cars work and assume that the last person to touch the car (literally) is at fault. I'm assuming that most of us here are the type of car owners that will notice any sort of noise as soon as it manifests and looks into the problem. But a large percentage of the populace just assume a new noise is part of how the car has adapted to run. They're totally unconcerned until it becomes catastrophic.

An example of the "I'll deal with that when it becomes a problem" mentality is a mini SUV I saw recently. It was the kind that has the spare tire bolted onto the rear door. Except in this case, the spare was missing. And the car was rolling along on a donut spare, which isn't even the type that came with the car. And he was just tooling along on the highway. Probably had the original wheel in his garage and would get around to getting the tire plugged in a couple weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Levithan9 View Post
    hey, try working as an automotive tech.

did an oil change? My check engine light came on after you did it.
    Transmission service? My tires need to be balanced....what did you do?
    AC service? Now it doesn't blow as cold as my neighbors car.

And my all time favorite....

Car is towed in for a NO START condition. After diag and repair, vehicle now starts.
    Customer comes to pick up vehicle, come right back in and says...IT'S MAKING A NOISE THAT IT DIDN'T MAKE BEFORE.
    My response? Your absolutely right...it didn't make ANY noise when it came in. In fact, it was dead quiet, as it didn't start.
    Just because I repaired your vehicle so that it now starts, does not mean i'm going to replace your belts and tensioner.

This happens to me about once a month. And it's ALWAYS some a$$hole who wants more that what he can afford.
    Just took my wifes Sonata in last weekend for recall work and now the check engine light is on, so it happens. I took her Nissan Altima in years back for an oil change at the Nissan dealership, next day their is a large oil puddle all over my driveway, they didn't properly install the oil pan plug, so I'm just saying, it happens. I made them come to my house pick the car up and fix it and clean up my drive way. I don't let people waste my time on re-do's when it's their fault.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Well this one time, a guy was accusing me of eating one of his donuts.

I calmly and politely told him, "Sir, I didn't eat one of your donuts.....I ate two."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Well this one time, a guy was accusing me of eating one of his donuts.

I calmly and politely told him, "Sir, I didn't eat one of your donuts.....I ate two."
    Yeah, and u still owe me a dozen for that Out of the ordinary customer experience

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I'll send you a gift card to your local donut shop. Both times I went to grab you a dozen, I ended up giving them away. Mostly to myself. YUM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast