autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Do You Have A Website?

What’s the number one reason you have a website?

Think about it for a second and answer it out loud

I’m going to assume some of your answers were:

[+] So I can look professional for potential customers

[+] People can get more information and look at my prices

[+] To show people my previous work

[+] So I can rank high in Google

Does that sound like you?

If it is, then that’s great. Because all of those are true.. But, if that’s all you think about, than you’re missing out on a big opportunity.

Your number one goal on your website should be collecting email addresses.

Email outperforms social. There’s no question about it.

There’s so much noise and traffic going on in the social world, it’s hard to stand out.

And if you’re on Facebook and not paying for ads, you’re going to have a bad time.

Email is direct and personal. The visitor / prospect gives you permission to send them valuable content- they want to hear from you.

Let’s take a step back and analyze why growing your email list is so important:

Reason #1: They may not be ready to buy from you now

When was the last time you walked into a store, looked at a $150 or $400 product and bought it right then and there?

Probably not many times. Most of the time, you considered the purchase, went home and did some research, looked around for some prices, then later down the month, you come across the same product and finally made the purchase.

If someone gives you their email, you have permission to send them valuable content. They may not be ready to buy from you in a week, month, or several months.

But if you’re consistently sending them valuable content, and when they are ready to make a purchase, you’ll be the first person they think about to solve their problems.

Reason #2: You can build a relationship

You only need to build a relationship with your customers if you want to keep them for as long as possible… So if you haven’t started building relationships with your customers, start now :-)

So how do you build a relationship with emails?

It all goes back to sending them valuable content they want to hear and read. Don’t send them emails about the cars you worked on or the products you’re using.

Send them emails about what they can do to take care of their car, what they should look after, what to do if they have a spill in the car, etc…

Think about content that will help them solve any problems they may have.

And when they reply, make sure you reply too… With your own personality, not some boring robot machine tone.

Reason #3: Get them to take action

An action is not a sale (although it could be). You can use email marketing to get them to take one specific action that can benefit your business.. such as:

[+] Referrals

[+] Like your Facebook page or follow you on Instagram

[+] Give you feedback on your services

[+] etc…

Tools you’ll need to collect emails

You don’t need a bunch of tools and it definitely won’t cost you an arm and a leg.

For an email service provider (ESP), you can use something like Aweber or Mailchimp.

As a side not, Mailchimp has a free option of up to 2000 subscribers, BUT, it does not give you the autoresponder option (allows you to set automated emails to be sent at specific time intervals).

For an email list collector, you can use a free option from SumoMe called listbuilder. I personally use it as do a bazillion other sites on the web. It works GREAT.

A few more words

If your site doesn’t get a lot traffic (connect your Google Analytics to check), then I wouldn’t bother growing your email list on your site.

HOWEVER, you should still focus on getting your current clients’ email addresses. You can set an autoresponder, send them valuable emails, and stay connected with them for as long as possible.

If you want to get serious with collecting emails (which you should), you can run Facebook ads, send visitors to a specific landing page, and capture the emails.

But that does get a bit complicated (although not too technical).

Conclusion

It doesn’t matter if you’re a brand new business or been in business for 10 years. You can use an email list to exponentially grow your business.

You can get customers to buy from you more, increase referrals, grow your social media, and much more.

I have a question: have you focused on collecting emails?
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why Do You Have A Website?

what happen to your website?