autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting part time up and running again!

Hello fellow professionals, I hope everyone is doing well.

I posted not too long ago about how other people proceed with part time detailing and received several replies giving me great ideas and advice. Not to mention also hope that it is indeed possible. So as I slowly try to get everything sorted here and there I want to look very professional as anyone would. I would greatly appreciate your opinions, advice, and criticism on my website; HD Auto Detailing - Professional Detailing Services and although not really critical but my facebook page has also been linked to my website. I am thinking about starting an instagram account as well so I can really take advantage of social media marketing. On top of that I'm thinking of using Fiverr to get a logo made(seen that mentioned on this forum) so I can implement that on clothing and such. Any other advice is greatly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.
    Shani Vasserman
    HD Auto Detailing
    www.hdautodetailing.ca

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting part time up and running again!

How many hours in a week are dedicated to detailing besides your full time job?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    How many hours in a week are dedicated to detailing besides your full time job?
    I'm looking mostly weekends with some smaller jobs during the week, 10-20 hours.
    Shani Vasserman
    HD Auto Detailing
    www.hdautodetailing.ca

Post Thanks / Like

That's great ,I would start off by doing production work and realistic prices and build from that.Being mobile will help tremendously.

Post Thanks / Like

Invest in some products and tools.word of mouth is free and comes quickly.also skip the shirts and get some menu cards made.not that vista print stuff.menu cards are simple but make a major impact on the professionalism of your business.There is no impact on company shirts,and it's money wasted.Till this day never ordered co shirts.If your gonna be mobile invest in the vehicle with some professional equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great ,I would start off by doing production work and realistic prices and build from that.Being mobile will help tremendously.
    Yes I agree, as much as I want to produce showroom results it just isn't feasible with my time constraints. When you say realistic prices are you thinking I might be a little bit on the high side as far as pricing goes? I do get hassled here and there for my pricing.
    Shani Vasserman
    HD Auto Detailing
    www.hdautodetailing.ca

Post Thanks / Like

Invest in some products and tools.word of mouth is free and comes quickly.also skip the shirts and get some menu cards made.not that vista print stuff.menu cards are simple but make a major impact on the professionalism of your business.There is no impact on company shirts,and it's money wasted.Till this day never ordered co shirts.If your gonna be mobile invest in the vehicle with some professional equipment.
    Right, I have all my necessary tools and products already which all fit in my vehicle nicely, gotta love hatchbacks. Only thing I'm missing right now is a good air compressor as I got rid of my other one I didn't like. I like your idea about menu cards and I will hold off on the company clothing. I have business cards but not menu cards, I guess both have their time and place?
    Shani Vasserman
    HD Auto Detailing
    www.hdautodetailing.ca

Post Thanks / Like

Doing it partime,make it worth your time and charge .people are always gonna look for a bargain,they want a steak but want to pay for a burger.your full time job will let you pass on certain jobs at mediocre compensation.good luck and wish you the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Doing it partime,make it worth your time and charge .people are always gonna look for a bargain,they want a steak but want to pay for a burger.your full time job will let you pass on certain jobs at mediocre compensation.good luck and wish you the best.
    I wish more people knew this lol. They'll ALWAYS want steak at burger prices. Excellent advice.

My $.02, if you care to consider it, is to build your part-time work around a certain demographic. Don't just take each, and every, job that comes your way. You'll burn out quickly, get frustrated, and you'll lose interest. Building a successful business is about passion, dedication, hard work, and persistence. I say choose a certain demographic because you'll have a much easier time turning that into a full time gig once you build a solid client list. Even if you don't decide to go full time, you'll have this nice client list to fall back on for those weekend jobs. Things won't take off over night. It'll take some time, but go at a pace you feel comfortable with. You don't have to become a millionaire tomorrow, next week is fine

Post Thanks / Like

Getting part time up and running again!

Yes I agree, I set my price and the customer either takes it or leaves it, sometimes though I wonder if there's something on my end that's scaring them away. Anyways thanks for your advice I really like the menu card idea. I appreciate it, thank you and take care.
    Shani Vasserman
    HD Auto Detailing
    www.hdautodetailing.ca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast