autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile advertising poll

I would like to start a thread/poll on how people doing mobile detailing as a profession do there advertising. Also the number one advertising technique that yields the most customers. I have gone business to business and door to door, made a Facebook page, put flyers on people's windsheilds (targeting doctors offices and places like that with employees who don't have time to do it themselves or drop there car off for a day. I'm looking into a mass advertising flyer that gets sent through the mail right now. A website is in the works as well. Word of mouth and my actual work has done best for me.

What's working for everyone else?

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile advertising poll

Your reality is...there is no quick way to building your name. It will take time.

Are you presenting yourself as a professional at all times? Have a proper brochure made up and printed. Look presentable with a nice shirt or polo. Is your vehicle branded? Is it clean?

A proper website with proper Search Engine Optimization (SEO) even takes time to build up in search results. This is a huge undertaking in itself, maybe look into hiring a professional.

Look for local groups on Facebook, read the rules, and advertise there. Learn to target them. For example, mommy groups love to see nasty interior turnarounds. Car groups will like to see really nice cars all shined up.

You're on the right path with going to businesses and office parks. You just have to keep going. Let them know you'll be back next week at certain time, that may help in some planning to have their car done ahead of time.

As for the flyer thing, most people hate crap on their windshield and disregard.

The large neighborhood communities usually have vendor event days, and there are usually vendor events in your town. Search Facebook events and Google and inquire about vending.

Find local business networking groups and attend the meetings.
    Building a business is a full time gig in itself. Work hard, stay humble, provide exceptional customer service, and good things will come.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on the wiper blade flyers. I hate 'em, and I suspect that's the general consensus of the kind of person that would spend money on having a car detailed. I don't like people messing with me vehicles, and I don't like the associated trash.

You mentioned going to businesses, but have you gone to car dealerships? Establishing a good relationship with them could be beneficial to both of you. Maybe start by offering a free service for the owner's car, or one of the top managers. If they're impressed, work out an arrangement for a set number of free services to them in exchange for the sales & service departments putting your flyer in every car that leaves the lot.

I noticed that there's a transit system in town. Do they sell ad space? Your sign on the rear of a bus will be seen by a lot of people while they're in their dirty cars. https://jacksonvillenc.gov/Transit

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the windshield flyers go I really didn't want to do it but I figured even if a couple people decide to call and have their car done they will spread the word at their business which actually worked a lot better than I expected. I was basicly try in to cover as much advertising as I could with the resources I had. I also did just land a used car dealership wich is awesome because eventually I would like a few more because of semi guaranteed work. I've been detailing for about 12 years but just started my mobile business about 3 months ago. I'm finally starting to get steady work and a lot of it is because of satisfied customers and word of mouth. I just have to be patient and let it grow and do the best I can. Awesome feedback on ideas so far! Thanks