autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Web Hosting Services For Web Site.

Curious as to web hosting sites and prices. Looking at Mikes sticky from 2010, I find the hosting service no longer available. My question is what is a good web hosting service, and monthly rate you are paying for? I am currently designing a web site, but they want 6 bucks a month for upgraded services which include no advertisement, etc, etc.
    Right now,I am fronting all cost's out of my pocket with no revenue being generated from detailing. I just don't know if that price is a bargain or IMHO seems a little expensive. In my full time job, I work on fiber optics, and switch network systems, I have just been out of the personal computer world for almost 6 years.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Web Hosting Services For Web Site.

Stay away from any that charge you extra for no ads. There are numerous hosting services that charge like 3.95 a month for the first year then around 7.99 after that. That is if you pay for a year in advance.
    Godaddy, hostgator, just do a search and compare.

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping an eye on this thread.. do NOT use Vistaprint... very limited with SEO customization etc
    Pete's Pro Mobile Detailing
    "Keepin' the Shine in the 519"
    519-546-9277 | www.petesprodetailing.ca | www.facebook.com/petesprodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Strain View Post
    Keeping an eye on this thread.. do NOT use Vistaprint... very limited with SEO customization etc
    I have been playing around on webs.com. Just not sure if the $6 a month is a good bargain.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonAlv View Post
    I have been playing around on webs.com. Just not sure if the $6 a month is a good bargain.
    Those "drag and drop to build your web site" places don't give you the flexibility you may want or need in the future. I have built and customized numerous websites using wordpress. Although it is a blog type software, you can make it do just about anything you want. Pages instead of posts, seo optimization, themes, plugins, photo galleries, and all free.
    If you want to get ambitious you can develop your site on your computer(no internet needed) with another free program called xampp. If there is interest here I might do a tutorial on how to set it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Wordpress is what I've been dabbling in lately. It is a blog type software, but it's completely customizable. Very simple to use, you'll just need hosting.

The cheaper hosting services are not always the best. Customer service tends to lack when you get into the super cheap stuff. Also, are you looking at a shared, VPN, dedicated, Wordpress, etc., configuration?

Post Thanks / Like

You would think that working for the 2nd largest cable company in the U.S. as my full time job would offer some type of hosting service. I would love to see a tutorial on Word Press. I will have to look deeper into that and start playing around. Thanks everyone for the input.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my domains through godaddy... and use wix for the site creation. Really love everything you can do with wix. We get a ton of compliments on our site.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    I bought my domains through godaddy... and use wix for the site creation. Really love everything you can do with wix. We get a ton of compliments on our site.
    Found wix.com this morning and so far I am really liking it. Pretty easy to build, but on some features, you have to think a little outside the box, but overall, I give it a thumbs up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast