autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing Packages Help!!

Hey guys, so I could really use some help polishing up my detailing packages list and prices asap! I have been so busy with jobs, a very good thing, that I have only had limited time to work on my website content and such. My dad has helped a lot, but I would really appreciate the help of other true professionals with this matter! I have so many people that are very interested in getting their vehicle detailed that I MUST get this out ASAP! On top of all of this, I am still working a part-time job... I have a price comparison document and my detailing document. Would anyone be willing to take a look at this for me and give me some advice? This would help me out tremendously! Please PM me. Thank you!
    My Mobile Detailing Business- www.PrimeAutoDetailing.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Packages Help!!

I don't know know if I could help, but I'm sure someone would. Post them up or put a link to your website.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it simple. I have 3 "packages" that i offer, each building off the lower one. Also if be flexible on the services offered in them and be willing to work with the customer on what is important to them. Obviously try to up-sell them to the highest level you offer, but if they want a premium detail but without the carpet cleaned or the paint polished, you need to be respectful of that and work with them. Here is a link to my services page showing the three levels i have...Firehouse Mobile Auto Detailing

Good Luck!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Here is my situation. I made $120 today on a 7 hour job completely detailing a truck. I wash, clay, clean wheels and tires, dress tires, clean all door jams and every part of the door, wipe down the engine bay, clean windows, apply a sealant/wax, clean and condition all interior vinyl, dash, cup holders, console, complete vacuum, clean and condition leather, spot removal, etc... I do not shampoo or steam clean yet, as I do not have the equipment. I also do not do any paint correction quite yet. Still getting my kit together. I pride myself in detailing the areas that most people would pass over because it is not usually seen. I know that I am severely under-pricing my services. That job was only like $17 and hour... My new outline for this service would see that same truck costing a client $179.95.

I have done price comparisons in my area and I am still lower. I do not want to under or over price people, but once I put it out there I don't want to change it for a long time. This is why I am stressing all of this. PM me if you wouldn't mind looking at what I have and talking further in detail. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StealthXJ View Post
    Thanks guys. Here is my situation. I made $120 today on a 7 hour job completely detailing a truck. I wash, clay, clean wheels and tires, dress tires, clean all door jams and every part of the door, wipe down the engine bay, clean windows, apply a sealant/wax, clean and condition all interior vinyl, dash, cup holders, console, complete vacuum, clean and condition leather, spot removal, etc... I do not shampoo or steam clean yet, as I do not have the equipment. I also do not do any paint correction quite yet. Still getting my kit together. I pride myself in detailing the areas that most people would pass over because it is not usually seen. I know that I am severely under-pricing my services. That job was only like $17 and hour... My new outline for this service would see that same truck costing a client $179.95.

I have done price comparisons in my area and I am still lower. I do not want to under or over price people, but once I put it out there I don't want to change it for a long time. This is why I am stressing all of this. PM me if you wouldn't mind looking at what I have and talking further in detail. Thanks guys.
    At 179.00 for a truck is cheap,heck I don't even mess with them at all unless they are somewhat clean.just leave it at by estimate only otherwise you will hurt yourself listing 179 for a disaster of a vehicle.some people won't give you extra cause you listed it at a certain price point,others understand and will give more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    At 179.00 for a truck is cheap,heck I don't even mess with them at all unless they are somewhat clean.just leave it at by estimate only otherwise you will hurt yourself listing 179 for a disaster of a vehicle.some people won't give you extra cause you listed it at a certain price point,others understand and will give more.
    You see, it was just a Honda Ridgeline. It wasn't all that dirty, actually, but the paint still needed claying badly, plus I never skimp on anything! I want to leave the customer knowing that I did my absolute best!

But yes, I feel that I may be still too cheap. I'd rather not do a quote each time, for various reasons, but I do plan to charge extra for excessive pet hair and dirt. Ah, this whole going into business for myself thing takes a lot of effort just to get rolling. I have so much content to write for my website and so little time!

Post Thanks / Like

Your gonna get burned on trucks sooner or later,never give a quote without seeing it first hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Really? Ok, thank you for the advice. I'm not sure now how to communicate that to my customers. Are you recommending that I just keep a base price in my head, take the price off of the list and only price someone per each vehicle once I see it?

Post Thanks / Like

You do want to do your best and have your Customer happy, and you also want to be paid for your hard work. I am assuming you are mobile... consider this: You have to drive there and set up before you start working... how long did that take? Then you have to clean your Tools and put your Equipment away and drive home, how long did that take? You used products during the detaill. Some are cheap some are not but you definatelly spent several dollars during that detail. Then you got home and had to wash the microfibers and most likelly your clothes... there is a cost and time expense there... and just when you thought you were done, you have to enter the sale into your books, you probably took pictures for your portfolio... more time spent... You definatelly did not make 17$/hour... do the math you will very likelly be shocked.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I know that $120 is stupid cheap now for what I provide. I am just trying to dial in on the "right" price. I also can't wait to start doing some paint reconditioning once I feel solid and have all of my kit together. That's where the money is. Thank you for the help!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast