autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How many clients do you actually need.

Got to thinking how I could make it easier on myself by just finding 10-15 clients to set up on a monthly maintenance program. I'm working on maintenance pricing, but want to offer a polish every 3-4 months. How could I incorporate this into a monthly price ? I originally was thinking a monthly price of $90 which includes a "wash and wax"
    , wheels and tires cleaned and dress tires,vacuum, and interior dusting every two weeks. Nothing crazy as people in my town simply just want their cars clean. For $90 a month I couldn't justify polishing a car once every 3 months for that. What do y'all think.

Also, I won't be correcting any paint with the polish. I use klasse aio cleaner wax that has a sealant also. Would top with a wax also.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many clients do you actually need.

Just gonna comment on one aspect: Polishing. Anything more than once a year seems overkill to me. The way I look at it, a maintenance program should include these on top of any routine cleaning:

- Claying (once a year)
    - polishing (once a year)
    - High quality sealant (twice a year)
    - Carpet and seat shampoo (once a year)

The rest should be maintenance stuff like washing, vacuuming, using spray wax and the like.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many clients do you actually need.

Quote Originally Posted by ev_g35 View Post
    Got to thinking how I could make it easier on myself by just finding 10-15 clients to set up on a monthly maintenance program. I'm working on maintenance pricing, but want to offer a polish every 3-4 months. How could I incorporate this into a monthly price ? I originally was thinking a monthly price of $90 which includes a "wash and wax"
    , wheels and tires cleaned and dress tires,vacuum, and interior dusting every two weeks. Nothing crazy as people in my town simply just want their cars clean. For $90 a month I couldn't justify polishing a car once every 3 months for that. What do y'all think.

Also, I won't be correcting any paint with the polish. I use klasse aio cleaner wax that has a sealant also. Would top with a wax also.
    You could do 3 things to incorporate the polish into your maintenance service 1) Upsell at the time of subscription ($90/month + $20 -or whatever you'll charge- extra every 3rd month) 2) Upsell every few months...same as #1 but just suggest it on the 3rd month. 3) Increase your price and include it in the subscription.
    Taylor M. - Shoot me an email or a PM if you have other questions.
    www.WashEngineer.com
    Helping Mobile Detailers MAKE IT BIG