autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

SEMI transport truck pointers

Hello everyone. I can use some help with a project thats coming up. I have a client that wants me to detail his frieghtliner semi and trailer. Now I have experience doing washes on these beasts but this is the first time I have been asked to detail one. he wants it lightly polished and waxed. Maybe buffed, just really wants to restore shine and protect.

Now I am very experienced in buffing paint on cars and polishing, i am experienced with a rotary , random orbital bigfoot 21 polisher, and have a flex polisher as well. Oh yeah another curve ball with this thing is that it just recently had a vinyl wrap removed from the thing and has some leftover adhesive that must be removed first. please any pointers on this project would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!! .

I attached a pic too if that helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SEMI transport truck pointers-semi-arrowlane-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMI transport truck pointers

By your description of it, it sounds like it needs completely reconditioned and not just lightly polished.

Sure, he wants to pay for a light polish but sounds like he needs a whole lot more.

I do a lot of commercial vehicles but don't have time right now as I'm on my way out the door.

I'll subscribe and help where I can as I get a little time.

Vegas Transplant is the forum guru on the big rigs. Hopefully he'll chime in and give you a hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh crap!! I just saw that you have a photo there...not sure how I missed that. That don't look too bad from afar.

Subscribed.

Post Thanks / Like

Removing adhesive residue can be very difficult. you need heat and solvent. Hopefully u can work in a warm space. Car pro also has a product. As for polishing I'd try a heavy duty one step with an abrasive. A rotary with a large foam pad may be faster.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well this is the customer who 's semi I already service. I posted it to show and give an idea of what I am working on. The one I need to work on I have not just looked at yet.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

any advice you can give me would be great as far as products and machines to use. And had far can i take it before I do any damage as he wants the back trailer buffed.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to look at the one your going to be working on first off>

looking at the pics of the one you posted that you already service you should have a idea of what your working on.

most of those rigs are made of Aluminum and are uber thin (paint) and I mean thin........an AIO is in order.

I will say that Vegas Transplant has the most experience with the big stuff and I always look to guidance....he can help you a lot. Reach out to him Via pm......I'll send him one myself with a link to this thread. He has been on here the last few days......maybe he will chime in ( but I know he is on the road most of the time)

There are so many products that can be used and get very good results.....but if you let us know what you have to work with on hand we can help a little more.
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I really only have traditional paint type products like Menzerna FG400 for cut and Sonax 3/6 polish. I also have some 3D detailing HD speed too. also sir what is AIO mean? Thanks again for the reply too

Post Thanks / Like

I just typed for over an hour with a very detailed reply on this stupid touch screen laptop, don't know what my pinky finger accidentally touched but it all just disappeared...gone...wanted to put my fist through the screen but didn't... sorry but it's bed time now. maybe i'll get back to it from my desktop tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

AIO = All In One, or a Cleaner-Wax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast