autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Clean & Extend Life of Detailing Clay w/Blackfire

One of the most frequent questions people have regarding detailing clay is how often can you use it? Quite a few factors come in to play, such as vehicle condition, size of clay bar, etc. If you clay a vehicle that's been sitting outside for fifteen years and has never been clayed, you can count on using at least one 50-100 gram clay bar. That's if you want to ensure you don't reintroduce any embedded contaminants in the clay back onto the paint, possibly scratching or marring the finish. If you're claying your vehicle, you're on the right track to silky smooth paint and the last thing you want to do is not work smart and damage the finish that you're trying to inject some life in to.

I'm a big fan of Pinnacle's XMT Speed Clay because it's large (over 200 grams!) and very easy to use. For the size and the quality of the bar, it's a heck of a bargain at 20 bucks. The XMT Speed Clay is large enough to break in to three or four smaller pieces so you can store the rest for later. This enables you to maximize your investment and get the most out of your clay bar. But what if you want to take it a step farther? We all like to get the most out of our detailing supplies and thanks to one product in particular, this is certainly possible with your detailing clay.

Blackfire Clay Cleaner & Extender takes working clean to the next level. Even after you fold and re knead a clay bar several times, there is still a good chance you will re-introduce embedded contaminants in the clay bar back onto the vehicle's finish. With Blackfire Clay Cleaner & Extender, you can now clean the majority of the contaminants in your clay bar to ensure you don't scratch or mar the finish in the future.

First you want to make sure you're working over a bucket or sink. Spray the clay bar with the Blackfire Clay Cleaner & Extender.

Blackfire Clay Cleaner & Extender features special surfactants that will effectively clean the clay bar, but will not dry it out. Rub your fingers over the clay bar. This will help loosen any contaminants in the bar.

Blackfire Clay Cleaner & Extender starts working immediately. Now can you imagine having all that dirt and gunk trapped in the clay bar before storing it for future use?

Rinse the bar with stream of water after agitating it with your fingers. Another option is to place the clay in a bucket of water.

Blackfire Clay Cleaner & Extender leaves detailing clay looking new and ready for the next job!

As you normally would, spray the clay bar with the proper lubricant before storing it for future use.

Whether you're a professional detailer with pounds of detailing in your arsenal or just an enthusiast that likes to get the most out of your products, Blackfire Clay Cleaner & Extender takes detailing clay to next level.

Blackfire Clay Cleaner & Extender

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clean & Extend Life of Detailing Clay w/Blackfire

Another thing to think about buying! Just a thought though. Seems this product would have to be used after each panel otherwise if you knead it before hand as your claying the car then it's in there for good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Another thing to think about buying! Just a thought though. Seems this product would have to be used after each panel otherwise if you knead it before hand as your claying the car then it's in there for good.
    You can do it after every panel, or after claying the really dirty panels (hood, roof, etc). It will clean about 95%-98% of the dirt and debris from the clay and only takes a couple seconds if you have a sink or bucket handy.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Nick

Thank you for bringing my attention to a product that I never would've know even existed. Next batch of orders I'll probably pick this one up.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Nick!

Post Thanks / Like

How well does it work to remove tar?
    I use clay a fair amount to remove tar and it pretty much destroys my clay.

Post Thanks / Like

Will it remove gritty dirt from the bar?
    Take it easy. There are no big deals in life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Heater View Post
    Will it remove gritty dirt from the bar?
    It will remove 95%-98% of the contamination from the clay bar. If you notice any obvious chunks of grit, you can simply remove those using your finger nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff120
    How well does it work to remove tar?
    I use clay a fair amount to remove tar and it pretty much destroys my clay
    From my experience it removes tar fairly well.

Post Thanks / Like

Very neat, I haven't tried that product yet! And that was some nasty clay, hope that wasn't from my car!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Nick. This is a product I really want to try !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast