autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    If collinite is so cheap and good looking why do people buy stuff like sourvern?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

Quote Originally Posted by goodinblack View Post
    If collinite is so cheap and good looking why do people buy stuff like sourvern?
    I'm a great experimenter. I think most people here are as well. We like to take care of our rides and are always looking for the holy grail in detail products. That is why coatings do not appeal to me because they should not be removed or even topped for over a year. I do a complete detail every couple months and I am constantly fooling with different spray waxes, QDs, etc. Collinite is a good wax and will look good and be durable on almost any color. You can say the same of Duragloss products which also are cheap but great products. In fact, if I had to stick with only a couple products for my car care they would be Duragloss, Sonax and Collinite. I could live my life out using only products from those companies and be assured of value and quality. But I just don't think it is fun doing that.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Shortspark 100%, I have about 15 LSP's in my collection and to tie in with goodinblack's question, I have a "mini" Fuzion ($50.00 for the small tub) as well as the Collinite triplets (total cost is about $60.00 for all 3, LOL!) and I just like to see what's what.

On the flip side I feel some people can and do buy the more expensive wax because they just think it must be better due to the price, kinda like someone who buys a used 3 series and looks past a G8 for instance.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to the OP for an excellent write up. This stuff was recommended to me by numerous people, but i was hesitant to give it a try due to the difficulty of application stated on this site (AG) and others. I followed these tips to the T and came out with some great results quickly and easily.

I'm sure this took a lot of time to put together and I really appreciate it. I'll be a Collinite fan for life now. In my opinion they should cut you and Mike in on a portion of the profits they make off me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goodinblack View Post
    I wised up, all you doing is chasing the shine and spending money doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone topped Auto Finesse Tripple with 845?
    2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
    2020 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great write-up.

Just a quick question. Does anyone use some sort of quick detailer after washing their vehicle whether through a wash or by hand? Just asking as I wash my car every week and putting on Collinite after every wash seems excessive.

Is it even recommended? If you do, what QD do you recommend? Would Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz be OK?

Thanks!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

weekly application may not be necessary...
    and yes you can use any quik detailer after wash

i would suggest a quik wax after weekly wash
    and have quik detailer in between the week

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hankman View Post
    Thanks for the great write-up.

Just a quick question. Does anyone use some sort of quick detailer after washing their vehicle whether through a wash or by hand? Just asking as I wash my car every week and putting on Collinite after every wash seems excessive.

Is it even recommended? If you do, what QD do you recommend? Would Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz be OK?

Thanks!!!
    Most of what I know I have learned here and from the last 7 months or so of experience in taking my care care to the next level, so take it for what it is worth.

I have been using Collinite 845 as a wax on 4 vehicles and it appears to be a great product, then on each wash (about every 1-1.5 weeks) I dry the vehicle with Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax and waffle weave drying micro-fiber. It makes trying much easier, and adds a little "in-between" wax protection.

What I can say is that the car stays cleaner between washes, looks great and beading (which seems to be the common proof of an existing wax) is excellent.

So, is it the Collinite or the Spray Wax or both. Well, probably both, I have not tested either by themselves, others have done that so I don't feel that I need too. I don't do the Spray Wax because I don't trust the Collinite but I use that to make drying much easier and virtually eliminate any hard water spots.

I have found the Collinite 845 is the easiest wax I have used and all reports are that it provides protection longer than most other wax products.

As a side note, I just bought some DuraGloss Aquawax to use instead of Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax just because so many on this forum like that product. Meg's UQW is less expense but I thought I would give DB AW a try.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Project C View Post
    weekly application may not be necessary...
    and yes you can use any quik detailer after wash

i would suggest a quik wax after weekly wash
    and have quik detailer in between the week
    Is there any quick wax you would recommend?

Thanks!!

Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast