autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Pick Topics you need the most assistance with...

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • Using a Rotary Polisher

54 27.27%
  • Paint Correction

67 33.84%
  • Engine Cleaning

37 18.69%
  • Using a DA Polisher (Porter Cable 7424)

35 17.68%
  • Jeweling Technique

67 33.84%
  • Polishing Metal

20 10.10%
  • Window Cleaning

33 16.67%
  • Rinseless Washing

27 13.64%
  • Cleaning wheels

19 9.60%
  • Time Management when detailing

83 41.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topics you would like to see more info on...

I would like to say that Mike has done an awesome job at brining new informative articles to the forum on issues I would have never thought of. Autogeek (Max) must be commended for bringing Mike to AGO! Thanks Max....I for one have a totally different outlook and idea of what car care should be since Mike has been here. I'm not taking anything away from the other Super Great people who work for AGO and Take good care of us all here, I have never found a more knowledgeable group of people in any business. Mike just seems to put things in a way that even a green horn noob (ME ) can understand.

And yes that new found "outlook" has meant some newly lost Ca$h. But it really is great to approach a new project with total confidence that you are equipped with the right products, tools, and knowledge to do it right.

What ever comes from this new Thread that Meghan has started will be good for all even if it isn't the issue's you checked. We will all know it comes from good people who know their stuff and give us their best every day! I look forward to learning more. I could have checked every box up there.

The members here are also Great, they welcome you and don't make you think you are a idiot because you ask some of the most basic questions out there. I have learned a ton form the members here and I have never found a group of people so eager to share and help others, Awesome place this Autogeek.....THANKS!

Thanks to ALL at Autogeek for doing what you do so very well!

~~ Yale
    Last edited by Buckskincolt; 09-18-2009 at 01:04 AM.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

I did add the Porter Cable to the poll, if you feel you would like to see more about that please check it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Dont know if this should go here but a idea that I thought about would be to put a DA in the hands of someone who has never used one, dont know if there is anyone at AG that has never used a DA haha, but just put it in there hands have let them go at it how they think it should be used. Then have someone like Mike show them what they did wrong and teach them the proper way. I think if you put it in the hands of someone they will make some common mistakes that many people make and you see the mistakes and how to correct them. I dont know if that makes any sense or would help anyone as someone like Mike knows all the common mistakes and can replicate them. But maybe seeing a total noob using and learning a DA could give more confidence to some of the new people as they may think oh he is a pro and just makes it look easy.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for time management. I find myself to often cutting my quotes short. I dont mind to much, long as the customer is happy. Just sucks when its a set price and not a hourly job and takes me longer then i expected. I always try to give myself a half hour of leeway for things that need a little more attention then usual. Any tips/tricks to get things done faster without the quality suffering, im game.
    Last edited by MoparAddict; 09-18-2009 at 10:56 PM.
    "She'll Buff Out"

Addicted To Details
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

time management here as well. i just finished my first detail with the pc and it ended up taking me 22 hrs on paint correction. any tips on how to cut that timing down would be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

I would really like to see the rotary get some more attention. It seems to have a legend built into detailing folklore that it is a fire breathing dragon that eats clear coat for breakfast.

I think that an in-depth rundown of the rotary and the use of would be huge.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

lol i voted for the 2 with most votes. glad i don't feel alone.

I am hesitant to use my SSR3 compound, or whatever else to fix my scratches. Wet sanding intrigues me as well, but can't find how these techniques actually work. Also cautious of making it worse.

I got a PC to help with time and shoulder pain lol. But I am sure there are tips and tricks to maximize time we all would appreciate.

wait, are not some of these topics already elaborated upon?
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...le-7424xp.html
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ear-coats.html

i think there is just so much info on this site, maybe some organization or index to finding what some of us may not even know is available to us yet? I plan to look through the articles and 101 sections... just hope i font get too lost lol
    Last edited by NismoMax80; 09-19-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for more than one, but, local water restrictions have me focused on Rinseless. After that it's paint correction.

[Really apprecatiate those topics where the experts explain why. Not theory, but what they are thinking when deciding what to do and what to do it with. This newbie is still choosing based on product labels as opposed to the paint. duh....]

Post Thanks / Like

Using a Rotary Polisher

Post Thanks / Like

Polishing tricky areas (tight, narrow, etc) besides the usual hood shots.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast