autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products you wasted your money and time on and why

For me it was ultima acrylic spray.just did not do anything it was like using water it was only 12.99 and I put it in the cemetery along with some other stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest45 View Post
    Bad smell. Lack of cleaning power. Poor rinsability.
    Agree kinda weak and the super degreaser as well.They need to be amped up alittle.The smell doesn't bother me.

Post Thanks / Like

Machine wise I will refrain and keep my experience with them to myself.It cost a lot of money to make and market them so I feel everyone opinion is different.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Machine wise I will refrain and keep my experience with them to myself.It cost a lot of money to make and market them so I feel everyone opinion is different.
    So why bring it up in a public domain in the first place? Why not inform us all what exactly you wasted your money on? If you need assistance with technique and how to operate tools theres an entire forum here who can educate and advise you especially on modern long throw technology. If you lack technique entirely and cannot be taught you can always go to a 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

My point is no matter what machine I don't like doesnt mean anything to anyone.Everyone has there own preference in comfort design and just for the sake of a brand name etc.I don't need your suggestion about my ability on how to work with current technology.I can assure you my ability and techniques are on par.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slick01 View Post
    That reminds me. Ugh. $8 for megs "ultimate" black trim restorant. That stuff was garbage and I think they discontinued it. What a surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. I'm beginning to feel like a Wax Hog, Wax Hog
    I had a hard time with the Ultimate Black Trim Restorer first time I used it but ever since I've loved it. It lasts well and makes the trim black again without a high-shine look or greasy feel. Maybe like Guz said, the critical thing is in the prep work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    (Meguiar's Headlight Protectant and PlastX) Yup, I had the same exact problem with it... I kept looking at the headlights wondering why they just didn't look right, then got a closer look and found all that residue from the product that just doesn't wipe off. My fix was M205 on a microfiber towel. Went over it lightly and they looked brand new again.
    While I haven't used the Headlight Protectant, I'm familiar with what your referring to with PlastX. The best technique I've found is to apply to a relatively small area (perhaps half of a headlight or 1/4 of a motorcycle windshield), rub it in well to buff out scratches, then lighten the pressure and increase your arm speed until the PlastX breaks down further. In my experience it will break down until it is pretty much completely clear and just slightly oily. Then it will wipe off very easily. I use it often this way on motorcycle windshields and headlights and find it to work great. Although I do agree about using a compound too. I often use some kind of compound then follow with PlastX as a finishing polish. Then I'll usually top with a wax.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    So why bring it up in a public domain in the first place? Why not inform us all what exactly you wasted your money on? If you need assistance with technique and how to operate tools theres an entire forum here who can educate and advise you especially on modern long throw technology. If you lack technique entirely and cannot be taught you can always go to a 3401.
    This made me laugh a little as I get the impression you might not know who you're talking to. GSKR comes highly recommended by Mike Phillips. I think he knows how to use the respective machines, probably better than most people here. Check out post #4 in this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-autogeek.html
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007
    Green 1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 & Silver 2007 Honda ST1300

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    My point is no matter what machine I don't like doesnt mean anything to anyone.Everyone has there own preference in comfort design and just for the sake of a brand name etc.I don't need your suggestion about my ability on how to work with current technology.I can assure you my ability and techniques are on par.
    The point of this thread is to express which product did not work for YOU.

If you are happy, good but if you have a product that dissapoints then please share your thoughts.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaGP View Post
    I had a hard time with the Ultimate Black Trim Restorer first time I used it but ever since I've loved it. It lasts well and makes the trim black again without a high-shine look or greasy feel. Maybe like Guz said, the critical thing is in the prep work.

While I haven't used the Headlight Protectant, I'm familiar with what your referring to with PlastX. The best technique I've found is to apply to a relatively small area (perhaps half of a headlight or 1/4 of a motorcycle windshield), rub it in well to buff out scratches, then lighten the pressure and increase your arm speed until the PlastX breaks down further. In my experience it will break down until it is pretty much completely clear and just slightly oily. Then it will wipe off very easily. I use it often this way on motorcycle windshields and headlights and find it to work great. Although I do agree about using a compound too. I often use some kind of compound then follow with PlastX as a finishing polish. Then I'll usually top with a wax.

This made me laugh a little as I get the impression you might not know who you're talking to. GSKR comes highly recommended by Mike Phillips. I think he knows how to use the respective machines, probably better than most people here. Check out post #4 in this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-autogeek.html
    I really like Ultimate Black Trim Protectant, or whatever it's officially know own as.

That stuff lasts for months.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567