autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Am i doing something wrong?

Hi, I discovered this website few weeks ago when i was searching something for How to replace brake pads (!!), then i found myself lost in this website and then i bought a set of zaino product z2-5-7-8-9-10-16-zfx etc. it just happened within few seconds you guys are really inspiring.. I havent done polishing/detailing before, and I did my FIRST detailing last weekend with clay-wash-then z2&z5 and finally with z6.
    I live in Dubai, so stock availability is my biggest issue here, so most of the products you talk are not available here, zaino was the only good quality product i could have found with my budget.

Anyway, i have a question: i really spend too much time on the car this weekend, and i used the pad below to use z5 and z2, and i found it too soft. Is this a right product to use for polishing? Or am i doing something wrong? Should i use something stronger to get rid of the swirls and scratches?? Last question: i used a good quality microfiber for the residue. Is this OK?

Chemical Guys ACC_141 Black Ultra Fine W-APS Refined Foam Applicator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am i doing something wrong?

Welcome to the forum!

First, be careful with the terminology used by Zaino and Duragloss--their "polishes" are not what we generally refer to here as polishes (which contain abrasives). The Zaino and Duragloss "polishes" are really sealants, some of which may have some minor cleaners in them, but won't remove swirls and scratches. If you need to do that, the product in the Zaino lineup you should be using is Z-PC, which is a very nice mild polish.

And yes, that black pad is too soft to do any real paint cleaning or correction.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great info, thanks for your reply. i thought z2-z-5 contains some mild abrasives, ok then, i will buy Z-PC to remove swirls. This time, I will use a slightly harder pad, do you think this pad below will work. I cannot find good quality pads around in this city
    Chemical Guys ACC_114_1 - Two faced Durafoam Applicator Pad, 4x6

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the yellow side of that one is what I'd use for swirl removal. Can you get any microfiber or cotton terry applicators? They might be better for swirl removal. Remember working by hand is going to be a lot of work, don't expect to be able to do much correction unless you have really strong arms