autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bird crap etching even after recent sealant and wax?!

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    Then wouldn't a sudden rain storm or washing the car in the heat cause the same issue? How many cars go thru car washes and don't come out etched? I respect research, but I also respectfully disagree with that finding.

Faulty or incomplete conclusion, IMO.
    Disagree all you want. But there is no sudden blocking of the sun in 1 small spot if the entire car is getting rained on or water sprayed on it. And the water would cool the panel down where a dime size bird carp would have no affect on the overall panel temp. Find the study and read it before you question their conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Autoglym did a study about 5 years ago regarding bird poop etching. Their conclusion was that the etching is not a chemical process.
    I looked up and read the report. It would be more conclusive (to me at least) if they did other tests with different organic matter, to see if the paint reacted in a similar fashion.

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable... It happened again today on my driver door this time. Had the qd and microfiber ready but was too late. Worst luck ever. How am I supposed to enjoy driving when each time I take it out I gets another etch mark?! So pissed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bird crap etching even after recent sealant and wax?!

Try a different LSP for the paint

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently purchased a new 4Runner (black). Over the weekend a bird took a monster dump on the hood. I couldn't get to it for a couple of hours. Temp that day was about 94*F. Got home rinsed with water and then sprayed with Meguiars quick detail and wiped off. Next day I noticed etching from the crap. Smooth to the touch, but can be seen at different angles and lighting. So far I have tried Meguiars ultimate compound, followed by ultimate polish, and then Mothers clean wax. Two treatments of the compound and polish by hand. Etching can still be seen. Any suggestions?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caesardetail View Post
    I recently purchased a new 4Runner (black). Over the weekend a bird took a monster dump on the hood. I couldn't get to it for a couple of hours. Temp that day was about 94*F. Got home rinsed with water and then sprayed with Meguiars quick detail and wiped off. Next day I noticed etching from the crap. Smooth to the touch, but can be seen at different angles and lighting. So far I have tried Meguiars ultimate compound, followed by ultimate polish, and then Mothers clean wax. Two treatments of the compound and polish by hand. Etching can still be seen. Any suggestions?

Welcome. Pick up Griots 6" polisher, 5" backing plate, a pack of Meguiars 5" microfiber cutting pads for the ultimate compound , a few Lake Country white polishing pads for the ultimate polish. Watch some youtube how to videos on machine polishing paint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123