autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Restoring spray in bedliner?

My trucks spray in bedliner is looking a bit faded and stained up and I was wondering what to use to get it back to black? It's not just a plastic insert it's textured spray in rhino lining so it's very ruff anyone have experience with this task?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Restoring spray in bedliner?

I'll start with I work for 303 Products, so I have used 303 Aerospace on my roll on Herculiner bed coating. It worked really well, it was a little slick for a little bit but soon absorbed and dried to provide a nice finish.

I would also think that a product you can spray on like Sonus trim and motor kote would work well if it's a rough textured liner. If it's more of a smooth pebbled texture something like uttg or WETS would probably be good since it does not attract dust and dries to the touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Those were actually the two products I was looking at for both engine detail and something to get the bedliner back to black I just wasn't sure how well they would work, how long did the 303 take to start fading?

Post Thanks / Like

you should try gtechniq mat dash it will not wash away or stay on top of the surface, it actually seals the surface so it is more permanent.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried a few, 303, UTTG, Perl and the rest Duragloss. The longest lasting was UTTG and also the most expensive ( only the tailgate was done). It has been quite a while but the best color restorers I believe were 253, 523, 321, 271 in that order. I cannot really recall the 303 outcome. I did apply Sonus Motor and Trim Kote about three months ago and seems to be doing well. I did not do any special prep work before doing any of these, just the usual wash and make sure there was not any contaminates on the surface. With the UTTG on the tailgate I used a yellow foam applicator, the actual bed was with a terry cloth and the Sonus was just spraying and walk away. The UTTG may have been the longest lasting because of it's location being the tailgate.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will go with the sonus stuff because of the reason that you just spray and walk away. I feel like I would tear up some applicators and just make a mess with my bedliner (it's older and very rough) thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletman44 View Post
    Those were actually the two products I was looking at for both engine detail and something to get the bedliner back to black I just wasn't sure how well they would work, how long did the 303 take to start fading?

I would say it lasted about a month, it loses some of its initial look after the first rain, but overall provides a good look. I would venture to guess it lasted pretty well because it seemed to get absorbed instead of just sitting on top so that will depend on the type of liner and its condition.

Sonus should work well though, I've had good luck with it whenever I used it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wiped the bed down today and applied Sonus. I posted this Pic to give you an idea of what to expect.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Those results look nice! I believe that's what I will do thank you!