autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gloss enhancing pre wax cleanser for Polymer Net Shield

Hi Guys! I Just want to get your opinion and thoughts on what possible non- abrasive gloss enhancing prewax cleanser that could be used before sonax polymer net shield. So far iv'e looked into the following:
    - Prima Amigo pre wax cleanser
    - Pinnacle paintwork cleanser
    - Wolfang prewax polish enhancer
    - Four star ultimate pre wax cleanser
    - DP Coating prep polish

I just don't know if they will work well with my choice of LSP. the cars to be work on are relatively new, so objective really is maximize gloss, deeply clean paint and promote bonding of lsp on the paint. Thanks!
    Ej

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gloss enhancing pre wax cleanser for Polymer Net Shield

Sonax paint cleaner??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    Sonax paint cleaner??
    I have one of those, unfortunately they have caranuaba, so it may not go well with a sealant. Their premium paint cleaner seems to be good, but the price is a bit high for my prupose.
    Ej

Post Thanks / Like

I do love the PRIMA AMIGO. It really preps the paint for for that final LSP.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ng-detail.html

Prima Amigo Pre-Wax Cleanser & Gloss Enhancer defies categorization and convention. It’s a paintwork cleanser plus a polymer-based glaze and polish that removes up to 3000 grit imperfections. Combine all three properties and you can see why we think Prima Amigo doesn't fall into any currently defined categories of car care products.

Mild cleaners in Prima Amigo break up oxidation and remove dead paint. Embedded grime is gently lifted from the surface. Mineral deposits from water spots disappear. Prima Amigo is the perfect prep-step for well-cared-for paint that just needs a cleaning before wax.

As a polymer-based glaze, Prima Amigo fills slight imperfections and adds stunning gloss, while leaving the finish slick to the touch. The unique thing about Amigo is the polymer. Although it doesn’t provide protection the way Prima Epic will, it does allow you to go directly to your wax step without any bonding or durability issues. Try that with a normal glaze and your protection will simply rinse off. Prima Amigo allows you to fill imperfections, add gloss, and then seal it in with your synthetic wax. No other product on the market gives your vehicle what Prima Amigo gives it.

If you have ever fought with black paint as you tried to remove the very last bit of hazing left by your polish steps, you will truly appreciate Prima Amigo. Used with your polisher, it will remove the lightest of surface imperfections. Black becomes a crystal lagoon of depth and clarity. Red becomes a bright liquid-like glow of its former self. Light colors pop with brilliance. Prima Amigo is your last step to perfection.

Whether you are cleaning, glazing or polishing, spend some time with Prima Amigo and you will see why we think it will be your new best friend.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this info pro 4x. I just have one question, does the polymer in prima, will not interfere with the bonding of PNS on the paint?
    Ej

Post Thanks / Like

According to Phil over at Detailer's Domain, you can use that Sonax Paint Cleaner with PNS. And seeing as you already have it, you might want to try that before you go and buy another product.

Post Thanks / Like

DP coating prep: If good enough for a coating, then it is good for other LSPs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    Sonax paint cleaner??
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    According to Phil over at Detailer's Domain, you can use that Sonax Paint Cleaner with PNS. And seeing as you already have it, you might want to try that before you go and buy another product.
    That's great! If they can be used together, i will look in to this further, thanks!
    Ej

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    DP coating prep: If good enough for a coating, then it is good for other LSPs.
    This product is really intriguing, the question is, if the cleaning power of this product at par with kaio? If yes, this is indeed a great prep before lsp without the acrylic base. Can someone, shed light on this? Thanks!
    Ej

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning ability of the DP Prep Polish is good, I've used it extensively both by hand and machine and actually really like the finish it leaves behind.

Sonax's Paint Cleaner works with PNS, not sure why but it does. No bonding issues so far and I have it on my daily driver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast