autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Frequently Asked Questions about the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads

Frequently Asked Questions about the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads

Can the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads be used more than once?

Yes. Rinse or wash the face of the pad after use and store face up in a clean place.

How many cars can you decontaminate before the pad is no longer effective?

The answer to that depends upon how contaminated the paint is as well as the size of the vehicle being decontaminated. The more contaminated the paint the more the pad will wear as it's used. The larger the vehicle, the greater the surface area the more the pad will wear as it's used.

Does the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pad work better than clay?

From my personal experience it does a better job of removing contaminants more completely as experienced through inspection using a thin plastic bag to test. Detailing Clay should still be part of your detailing arsenal of tools for decontaminating panels that cannot be safely or effectively decontaminated by machine.

Is decontaminating faster using the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads?

Yes. Of course there are some variables that affect speed of ANY process used to decontaminate paint but if all variables were kept the same, then I would say that you could decontaminate paint faster by machine than you can by hand and with the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads you can do a better job of removing contaminants more completely.

How often should you clean the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads?

I recommend and teach the best practice of working clean, in this context, working clean means to rinse the face of the pad after each section that is decontaminated. This ensures no contaminants loosened and removed off one section of paint are re-introduced to a new section of paint. The more severely contaminated the paint the more important it is to clean the pad during the decontamination process.

Each person can decide how often is often enough for their needs and expectations for working clean and working safe.

Can the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads be used with a Rotary Buffer?

No. At least not safely. The manufacturer recommends using their product with dual action polishers and I think it's safe to assume they have done field testing using rotary buffers and from the results from their testing have stated not to use their product with a rotary buffer.

Will the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads mar or scratch my car's paint?

Used correctly, the manufacture states the fine grade pad will not mar or scratch paint.

My opinion based upon experience from a lifetime of working on all types of paint both OEM and Refinish is that paint hardness and softness is a huge variable and softer paints will mar or scratch easier than harder paints.

My own practice is to already plan on machine polishing or using a one-step cleaner/wax with the ability to remove fine or shallow swirls and scratches after using ANY product designed to mechanically decontaminate paint. Any car that has enough above surface bonded contaminants on the paint to require some type of paint decontamination process will highly likely also be in need of machine polishing to also remove swirls, scratches, water spots, stains and oxidation already present in and on the paint.

Each person can decide whether or not they want to perform a machine polishing process after using the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads or seal the paint using a car wax, synthetic paint sealant or paint coating. This is a personal preference and freedom of choice decision based upon your expectations for what a finish should look like to maintain the appearance value and monetary value of your vehicle.

Can I use the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads on glass?

Yes.

Can I use the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads on Chrome?

Yes.

Can I use the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads on moldings and plastic?

Yes.

On Autogeek.net

Nanoskin Car Care Products

Mike Phillips

Re: Frequently Asked Questions about the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads

Close up shots of the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads...

This is a cropped out section from the above with no resizing...

Fine and Medium Grade Pads
    The blue foam indicates the fine grade while the yellow foam indicates the medium grade Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads

Nanoskin Glide Instant Detailer and Spray Lubricant Concentrate

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

How often should you clean the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads?

I recommend and teach the best practice of working clean, in this context, working clean means to rinse the face of the pad after each section that is decontaminated. This ensures no contaminants loosened and removed off one section of paint are re-introduced to a new section of paint. The more severely contaminated the paint the more important it is to clean the pad during the decontamination process.

Each person can decide how often is often enough for their needs and expectations for working clean and working safe.
    Can you describe the rinse process? Is it as simple as spraying water and wiping with a MF?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Mike,

Can you describe the rinse process? Is it as simple as spraying water and wiping with a MF?

If the contaminants are just sitting on the surface then flowing water will flush them off.

If the contaminants are sticking to the rubber then use some gentle soap, like any car wash soap or even hand soap and use a foam wash pad like you would wash dishes with to lightly agitate the surface and then rinse.

Post Thanks / Like

Great thanks Mike. A bucket with little soap and sponge while using the nanoskin would be quick and easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick question. When using Glide it mentions its 7:1 to use w/ autoscrub and 10:1 with for claybar lube and quick detailer. If you were to use ONR; what would be the correct dilution ratio, since the ONR dilution is meant for claybar? Just thinking that a stronger dose is needed with the autoscrub?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clearing things up. I look forward to using the system.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by richluu View Post
    If you were to use ONR; what would be the correct dilution ratio, since the ONR dilution is meant for claybar? Just thinking that a stronger dose is needed with the autoscrub?
    I think that would work...

Sometimes I just use the glug-glug method...

Post Thanks / Like

What I would like to know is why if the backing coming off mine. The felt material is coming off

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    What I would like to know is why if the backing coming off mine. The felt material is coming off

Don't know why?

Have you contacted the manufacturer and asked them if this is something they are aware of or have experienced with their product.

That's where I would start.