autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer

Man i still dont understand why rinseless and waterless washes exist... they are like the same thing -_-...

or im just too dumb to understand

Mike Phillips

Re: The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
    Man i still dont understand why rinseless and waterless washes exist... they are like the same thing -_-...

or im just too dumb to understand

Rinseless Wash you still use some water and you can rinse your wash media in your bucket and let removed dirt fall to bottom of bucket. Lots of lubrication.

Waterless Wash your misting or spraying the product onto a dry panel.

Actually very different but yes, still similar...

Post Thanks / Like

Good thread with good info - Thanx!
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great info, I like the product links, makes it easy to find something new to try
    Waxin' Willys Detailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question....

Can you use a Rinseless Wash, i.e ONR Wash/Wax in the same kind of way that you can a Waterless Wash? I.e, just mix a gallon, then fill a spray bottle with it, and saturate a panel with the Rinseless solution, and wipe away? I don't see how that can be any different more more unsafe than using a bucket method (as long as you use the MF like you would with a Waterless Wash, i.e flipping it around constantly and not re-using a dirty part).

I find it to be much more convenient to just wash with a spray bottle as opposed to the bucket/s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Good thread with good info - Thanx!
    Yes I have to agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Rinse less and waterless seem so close to each other. Is there any video to tell the two apart?
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevA View Post
    I have a question....

Can you use a Rinseless Wash, i.e ONR Wash/Wax in the same kind of way that you can a Waterless Wash? I.e, just mix a gallon, then fill a spray bottle with it, and saturate a panel with the Rinseless solution, and wipe away? I don't see how that can be any different more more unsafe than using a bucket method (as long as you use the MF like you would with a Waterless Wash, i.e flipping it around constantly and not re-using a dirty part).

I find it to be much more convenient to just wash with a spray bottle as opposed to the bucket/s.
    Spraying a panel before wiping with the wash mitt taken from the wash bucket is an excellent practice, and is one that many here do. The main advantage to a rinseless wash is the amount of cleaning solution that a wash mitt can hold, to ensure maximum lubricity while doing the best cleaning with that method.

Rinseless washes are all about a thoroughly soaked mitt, which is something only a bucket can make possible.

It is easy to understand thinking that using a waterless wash method with a rinseless wash solution is more convenient, because it is. However, you can't get the lubricity combined with the same cleaning ability that way and be as safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by KevA

I have a question....

Spraying a panel before wiping with the wash mitt taken from the wash bucket is an excellent practice, and is one that many here do. The main advantage to a rinseless wash is the amount of cleaning solution that a wash mitt can hold, to ensure maximum lubricity while doing the best cleaning with that method.

Rinseless washes are all about a thoroughly soaked mitt, which is something only a bucket can make possible.

It is easy to understand thinking that using a waterless wash method with a rinseless wash solution is more convenient, because it is. However, you can't get the lubricity combined with the same cleaning ability that way and be as safe.

+1

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, ok thanks. I guess that makes sense (if it's all about a soaked Mitt or MF or whatever you use).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast