autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best liquid wax

Post Thanks / Like

Best liquid wax

Im trying to find a liquid wax option that yields fair results. I feel that people who do not want to pay for a clay job on the vehicle waste my time and product if I use anything better than liquid wax. This type of person just wants quick shine on the cheap. So any tips on the best liquid wax for the money would be appreciated. I would dedicate a wax pad for the polisher to this job so I do not have to worry about any contaminates getting in my good wax jar from these beaters.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best liquid wax

Meguiars M66, decent cleaning and cut, easy on and off, available at most Pepboys by the gallon. My favorite is Poorboys Polish with Sealant. You can get it in larger quantities, sun friendly and won't stain trim.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Poxy, great looks, reasonable durability, good value and a little goes a long way.

3D HD Poxy - Montan Wax & Sealant

Plus if you have a customer who wants an upgrade you can use HD Speed and top it with poxy, it's a great combo!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    Meguiars M66, decent cleaning and cut, easy on and off, available at most Pepboys by the gallon. My favorite is Poorboys Polish with Sealant. You can get it in larger quantities, sun friendly and won't stain trim.
    Does Pep Boys have a detailing forum?

Why not be fair to the sponsor of this forum?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I find spray wax as a cheap detailers way of doing it. I want to try and keep my integrity lol. I thought of using collinite 845 but have heard it's tough to remove compared to others. Im tryg to find something I can spread via machine then come right back and wipe off. I like the idea of not spending much time waxing this particular type of customers vehicle since they have no appreciation for true detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailsbydaniel View Post
    I find spray wax as a cheap detailers way of doing it.
    Then use a WOWA sealant and promote that as the "expensive detailer's" way of doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Does Pep Boys have a detailing forum?

Why not be fair to the sponsor of this forum?
    Not 'Pep' Boys. "Poorboy's" is what he said. Autogeek is a distributor of Poorboy's products, so I think he is being pretty fair to the sponsor of this forum.
    .....www.OCDetails.com.....
    Obessive Compulsive Details
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Copyright © OCDetails.com All Rights Reserved

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailsbydaniel View Post
    Im trying to find a liquid wax option that yields fair results. I feel that people who do not want to pay for a clay job on the vehicle waste my time and product if I use anything better than liquid wax. This type of person just wants quick shine on the cheap. So any tips on the best liquid wax for the money would be appreciated. I would dedicate a wax pad for the polisher to this job so I do not have to worry about any contaminates getting in my good wax jar from these beaters.
    If you want to go cheap and get decent results then I would go with either Meguiar's NXT or Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. I know they are kind of on opposite ends of the consumer product spectrum, but there are reasons. If they don't want to pay for clay, then they probably aren't paying for polish. I won't polish a car unless it is clayed, so that is built into my pricing. So the NXT may help clean up the paint a little more because of the small physical abrasives in it and the fillers that will help reduce the appearance of swirls (at least, for now). NXT doesn't look too bad either. It is actually one of the glossier products I've used off the shelf.

The Ultimate Liquid Wax is a much more durable product, but it really looks best when the surface has been properly prepped. So depending on what the car looks like to start with, I think this would be a more durable and marginally better looking choice.

Those are if you are just shopping locally, of course. If you are going for a low budget product to keep overhead low on a small profit margin job, then NXT is a good idea. Personally I use Pinnacle Liquid Souveran as my liquid wax of choice. I'll use other products too, but if I'm going for a liquid carnauba then it is LS all the way. It is amazing looking. But again, the wax/sealant is only as good as the prepwork. If you aren't going to clay or polish the paint then you can't really have very high expectations of the wax. Polishing a turd doesn't change the fact that it is just going to look like a shiny piece of crap.
    .....www.OCDetails.com.....
    Obessive Compulsive Details
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Copyright © OCDetails.com All Rights Reserved

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast