autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash

Hi guys

Are there big differences between waterless wash/rinse wash? Is it user preference? I'm using blackfire crystal seal on my car, do I have to stay with the same brand products or I can mix it up? (i know stupid question)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash

I recommend Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. You can use it as a Rinseless and waterless and works great as both.

Post Thanks / Like

I have and have used the following in rank and order of preference:

1. Uber Wolfgang Rinseless
      By far the BEST I've used. Slick as can be, great working ratio/value, smells great and VERY Versitle. Pink in color but doesn't seem to ting/stain MF Towels. Leaves a very nice shine and I use it 3oz to a gallon as a gloss spray too. Awesome stuff and is my go-to as I only rinseless wash my sedan.
    2. Optimum No Rinse (ONR)
      Close second. I just feel Uber is slightly more slick and leaves a better final finish. ONR will tend to stain your MF towels with a light blue ting.
    3. Blackfire Rinseless
      Meh, not my favorite. By far less slick than the others and if over-used or mixed too much in the rinse it will leave streaks and waterspots. I use what I have left as a mix into water when I do a traditional wash.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I have and have used the following in rank and order of preference:

1. Uber Wolfgang Rinseless
      By far the BEST I've used. Slick as can be, great working ratio/value, smells great and VERY Versitle. Pink in color but doesn't seem to ting/stain MF Towels. Leaves a very nice shine and I use it 3oz to a gallon as a gloss spray too. Awesome stuff and is my go-to as I only rinseless wash my sedan.
    2. Optimum No Rinse (ONR)
      Close second. I just feel Uber is slightly more slick and leaves a better final finish. ONR will tend to stain your MF towels with a light blue ting.
    3. Blackfire Rinseless
      Meh, not my favorite. By far less slick than the others and if over-used or mixed too much in the rinse it will leave streaks and waterspots. I use what I have left as a mix into water when I do a traditional wash.
    I have used #2 and #3..... and found that #2 is a very good mainstay for rinseless washes. That said, I really don't do rinseless washes as much as I used to. That's because I use Pinnacle Waterless Wash Concentrate. Hands down better and faster.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I'm looking at a water/rinseless wash without a wax. I know ONR has one that doesnt have wax. I was thinking of washing my car at the coin op, then heading home and use ONR to remove dust from the coin op wash to my home, then clay/polish/wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars D114 is another that "leaves nothing behind". If that's the only time you plan to use it that way you could go with just about any of the "wax" versions if you think you will use it more. It shouldn't affect your results, what little protection they do have will be polished away in the process.