autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Help. Stream Cleaner or Extractor

Hi, I own a Yacht Management business here in south Texas. Im looking at getting a steam cleaner or extractor to do boat carpet interiors. Keep in mind I work on sport fishers ranging from 31 feet to over 60 feet long. Any help in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help. Stream Cleaner or Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by Coastalf350 View Post
    Hi, I own a Yacht Management business here in south Texas. Im looking at getting a steam cleaner or extractor to do boat carpet interiors. Keep in mind I work on sport fishers ranging from 31 feet to over 60 feet long. Any help in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.
    I would opt for the steamer,there are so many uses for that on a boat.If you have a large yacht to do as far as carpet just rent one for the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point. I hear alot about the VX5000. If I do decide on a steamer I would want one big enough to do the diesel engines on these boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coastalf350 View Post
    Good point. I hear alot about the VX5000. If I do decide on a steamer I would want one big enough to do the diesel engines on these boats.
    The VX5000 is nowhere near big enough for that kind of job. I have one and consider it a fairly light duty tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Discover the Carmen Super Inox? Steam Cleaner with Extraction someone just bought one of these idk how it is but looks sweet!

Mike Phillips

Steamers are mostly for topical cleaning i.e. cleaning the surface.

Extractors deep clean. That is simply put, they inject hot water into a material and then immediately extract it via vacuum.

If you need to deep clean fabric seats then the extractor would be the way to go. If you need to topically clean the surface of vinyl seats then the steamer would be the way to go. If you need to do both then you need both tools.

I've never used the VX5000 so off hand or without doing a Google search I don't know if it's a continuous fill type or not. I use and teach how to use the Dupray line of steam cleaners and not only are they top shelf quality, they are also continuous fill and you can use tap water not just distilled water and they have the best attachments that I've ever seen.

Most steam cleaner lack the continuous fill capability and their attachments are lacking. Not the Dupray models.

Mike Phillips

Half of the forum work I do is simply reemmbering articles I've already taken pictures for and written.

For example...

Here's what a Dupray Steam Cleaner can do!

At our September Detailing Boot Camp Class we had an all original 1967 Lincoln Continental in our class for a full interior and exterior detail.

Here's how the original white leather interior looked BEFORE my class took the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner to it...

If you look closely at the area below the pull handle you can see a small area that I cleaned to show how much room there is for improvement...

Not pretty...

Here's the after shot...

And the original single stage paint was resurrected using the Rupes paint polishing system.

Rupes Bigfoot Polishers Detailing Class & Extreme Paint Restoration

The Dupray Steam Machines are really well built, well thought out and capable of amazing results.

See my two article here for more information...

How To Use the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

Steam Cleaning a Ferrari Interior with the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

On Autogeek.net

The Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

The Dupray Tosca and the Dupray ONE Plus both would be great steamers too and the both offer the continuous refill feature.

Dupray Steamers

Mike Phillips

Here's another article I've written for the Dupray Steam Machines

This is an amazing steam cleaner. I've only used it a few times since Autogeek brought them into the store but I'm so impressed with it's design, function and ease of use that you'll see a lot more steam cleaning projects coming up in the future.

First, lets take a look at what comes in the box....

The Hill Injection model comes fully self-contained in it's own storage case.

Here's all the various accessories that come with the Dupray Hill Injection model.

Here's a few screenshots from the Dupray website

Continued...

Now let's take a look at how to get your new Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner up and running....

How to turn the unit on

The main power button is in the back behind a protective, flexible cover.

Press the rocker switch to the on position and the power indicator light will light up.

You can tell power is now supplied to the unit as the digital display will light up.

Next press the power button to the ON position to supply power to the heating elements.

Next turn the heating elements on....

When the steam indicator lights comes on at 330 degrees you're ready to start using steam to clean...

Continued...

For cleaning car interior, you're going to love the triangle brush with the spring loaded towel clamp. This makes placing a clean towel onto the brush fast and easy and it holds it very securely.

The size of the brush head is PERFECT for any standard size 16" square microfiber or cotton towel.

Simply fold the towel diagonally to create a triangle shape like this...

Place the brush head onto the folded towel like this with a little more extra space at the top. (not much just a little, you need some excess at the back also)

Use your finger or thumb to depress the spring loaded clamp....

Then simply pull the three corners of the towel up and through the open slots of the clamp....

Should look like this when done correctly...

You're ready to start cleaning and disinfecting without using chemicals.... this can be a real lifesaver if you're allergic to or sensitive to cleaning chemicals.

Click the below link to see the rest of the pictures showing this tool.