autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking to buy first DA!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptN D View Post
    I'm ready to step up to my big boy pants and get a DA polisher. Was wondering if it's worth it to dive in and get a Rupes or Flex off from the start or would the Porter Cable be sufficient. Not looking to detail any other cars but mine and my wife's. Also was wondering what's the biggest difference between a direct drive vs a floating style. Is one more forgiving than the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd go with the Griot's Garage 6" DA with a 5" backing plate. More power than a Porter Cable, yet still n00b friendly. Rupes(even the Mark II) requires too much technique for a n00b and the GG 6" is WAY more forgiving than the 3401; it's hard to control if you've never used a DA((still my favorite)
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I got my G15 yesterday, I tested it out with carpros new orange pad and some HD polish on my wife's hood and wow! I want the G21 now, the polisher runs so smooth and had a lot of torq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dereksdtail View Post
    I got my G15 yesterday, I tested it out with carpros new orange pad and some HD polish on my wife's hood and wow! I want the G21 now, the polisher runs so smooth and had a lot of torque
    congrats on the new purchase!
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to keep the budget low, I have to agree with the guys suggesting a DA polisher like the Griots 6" or Porter Cable 7424XP.
    If you are only doing your own vehicles, either will do the job.
    When the addiction takes hold, you may want to get something bigger, more powerful. I purchased a Porter Cable 7424XP and a Flex 3401 VRG. I happen to like the Flex since I first tried it. I have a 3" backing plate on the Porter Cable for 3" pads to do small areas and a 4" backing plate on the Flex for the 5" Lake Country Hybrid pads.
    I am not a pro, but love the Flex. I do my vehicle and friends.
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.