autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another Flex Review

Quote Originally Posted by jetset4me View Post
    I let her try it on the hood but it was too powerful for her and she let me finish.
    Tell her not to fight it but instead to relax the muscles while keeping hands in position and using leverage. Subconcious reaction of many people to powerful tools is to tighten up in "death grip" which only makes it worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody that has ever used an industrial floor buffer can tell you it's all about technique, Zoran is 100% right. Relax you grip and lift the side opposit where you want it to go, just a little or you'll zip across the panal!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the comments, yes I am talking about the random orbital, I can't wait to use it on a really swirled car. Just wanted to make it clear that evrything I wrote is just my personal opinion, you guyz may feel different about some areas, but I just felt I needed to share my opinions about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I have to apologize real quick, I just read over my review and started to realized that I can't spell, I must have been rushing the night I wrote it, so I went back and corrected all the grammer errors, it might make a little more sense now.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review on the Flex. Since I have one I have tried some of the things you spoke about. You are correct. Good write up!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I will let her try it again when I get back from Chicago. Right now I have to try and keep warm and enjoy the Auto Show.
    Flex Rules!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Detail View Post

The large 6" backing plate allows only for 6" or larger velcro backed pads, I went with the 6.5" CCS pads, another review I will do after. But I'm sure someone will make an adapter for it sooner or later for Edge Pads.

I was a little skeptical about using such big pads, but the fact that the backing plate is so large makes for almost full and even contact on the large 6.5" pads.
    Thanks for the review. The new batch of flex comes with the 5.5 inch BP. I have used 5.5" pads with the flex without any issues, as long as you are extra careful.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Another Flex Review

I've read where Edge is working on an adapter for the Flex to easily change between different sized pads without needing a corresponding backing plate.

Question is why would anyone use backing plates when two sided pads appear so much easier (that includes 7424 or UDM) to change out with an adapter? Being a polisher novice I'm sure I'm missing something obvious
    Never lie if your memory stinks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricka View Post
    I've read where Edge is working on an adapter for the Flex to easily change between different sized pads without needing a corresponding backing plate.

Question is why would anyone use backing plates when two sided pads appear so much easier (that includes 7424 or UDM) to change out with an adapter? Being a polisher novice I'm sure I'm missing something obvious
    Its just some folks personal preference nothing special !!! Its just that simple . I myself like both methods just depends on my mood and what i'm working on
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricka View Post

One reason is that there were some early problems reported by some with the Edge adapter and pads not lasting very long with the vibrations of a DA polisher... Another, and far more common (in my opinion) reason is cost. Not that the Edge pads are that much more expensive, but if you like many people have a lot of cash invested in a backing plates and pads, it's cheaper to continue to replace a pad hear and there as needed rather than starting over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast