autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Holiday sales? Black friday sale for flex???

I am 100% convinced to buy a new Flex xc3401vrg. Do you think i should wait for the black friday or cyber monday for a possible good discount? Do these type of stuff get discounted like the rest of the electronics?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holiday sales? Black friday sale for flex???

If they have a gift certificate sale soon then you can buy and use a discounted gift certificate towards the 3401

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Got this kit with one day deal 15% OFF wow i guess that was lucky. polisher, bag, 3 pads and pad cleaners for $346.94
    FLEX XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher Kit with Free FLEX Polisher Bag, FLEX Dual Action Polisher and storage bag, FLEX bag kit

Post Thanks / Like

i'm sure there will be some holiday sales coming (black friday/Christmas) but if you can't wait this is a pretty sweet deal (with extras) if you don't mind a pink flex...

Flex XC 3401 VRG Dual Action Orbital Polisher Over $100 in Freebies!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metinemre View Post
    Got this kit with one day deal 15% OFF wow i guess that was lucky. polisher, bag, 3 pads and pad cleaners for $346.94
    FLEX XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher Kit with Free FLEX Polisher Bag, FLEX Dual Action Polisher and storage bag, FLEX bag kit
    Hey buddy, You made a very very good decision on this buffer!!!!!!!

Let me try an help with some advice----

1. Immediately buy the LC backing plate kit, or the Flex 4 3/8 backing plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2. Then go buy yourself the LC Hybrid 5" pads
    3. Megs or BOSS 5" MF pads cutting only

Those combinations and sizes will set you up for continued success on any job you do. The LC Hybrid pads were made specifically for the forced rotation of the Flex. I started out with a ton of the CCS pads due to the package I bought. Then when trying out the Hybrids after seeing many threads covering them, I realized I had made a mistake and have ended up spending hundreds more on new Hybrid pads. The Orange cutting and the White polishing are what I mainly use. Then when Jeweling I use the Gold. I only use the MF pads for cutting when I need a deep cut.

Speeds 4-5 for my cutting, and then 3-4 for polishing. I use 2-3 for Jeweling with little to no pressure.

I hope this helps you before you spend a ton on pads. I use approximately (Aston Martin DB9) 6 orange to do the cutting, and 8 white to do the polishing. Trick is to work CLEAN and then Surgically when Jeweling. So new pads every panel, and then I blow off each pad between Section passes. (You can use a terry cloth to wipe the pad instead of air)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Velocitybts View Post

1. Immediately buy the LC backing plate kit, or the Flex 4 3/8 backing plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those combinations and sizes will set you up for continued success on any job you do. The LC Hybrid pads were made specifically for the forced rotation of the Flex. I started out with a ton of the CCS pads due to the package I bought. Then when trying out the Hybrids after seeing many threads covering them, I realized I had made a mistake and have ended up spending hundreds more on new Hybrid pads. The Orange cutting and the White polishing are what I mainly use. Then when Jeweling I use the Gold. I only use the MF pads for cutting when I need a deep cut.

Speeds 4-5 for my cutting, and then 3-4 for polishing. I use 2-3 for Jeweling with little to no pressure.

I hope this helps you before you spend a ton on pads. I use approximately (Aston Martin DB9) 6 orange to do the cutting, and 8 white to do the polishing. Trick is to work CLEAN and then Surgically when Jeweling. So new pads every panel, and then I blow off each pad between Section passes. (You can use a terry cloth to wipe the pad instead of air)
    new pad every panel? that seems excessive?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Velocitybts View Post

Hi, thanks for the reply and the suggestion. Sorry i saw it a little bit late.
    Wow DB9! i was an inch away to buy a black/maroon 2010model but my wife convinced me to get a 4.35 m sport saying Aston is too much for grocery shopping lol.

I bought the Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer to clean the pads.

Also bought hybrids and mequiar`s products
    blue for compound and cutting (since my car is 2016 i thought orange is too much)
    white for polish
    red for liquid wax

how can i use the gold pads? i didn`t buy any. I don`t know how jeweling is done.