autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Another FLEX XFE arrived today

I ordered one a while back and brought it into work to show my German guys that I work with the new machine. They were completely blown away seeing an electric car polisher with a 15mm orbit. They are used to smaller orbit pneumatic DA's used for body work such as 2.5mm, 5mm, 8mm, & 12mm. These pneumatic DA's are used for body work from removing paint, sanding bondo etc.

Anyhow they were very impressed with this new FLEX machine and wanted one for the shop. I was able to order it and a few pads to go along with it for the shop. I asked if PBMG could sign the tool for me as this is something I want to leave behind here in the body shop as a remembrance of me when I leave later on down the road. Thanks gang.

Without further adieu, a signed FLEX XFE...

Now I need to get a PE14 on order to replace our boat anchor Bosch rotary.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another FLEX XFE arrived today

Man, if I would have known about this, I would have sent my pos XFE P7 to AG to sign for you. If you don't plan to use it, mine would have been perfect. Mine is slated for the garbage, as I don't plan on ever using it again. Wrote a long post in the most regretted detailing purchase thread. Big, expensive, pos in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is one heavy polisher with all the signatures It's been signed by many important people in the detailing industry!

Post Thanks / Like

That is an XFE with some flyer miles. Germany to the United States and back to Germany. Cool

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Man, if I would have known about this, I would have sent my pos XFE P7 to AG to sign for you. If you don't plan to use it, mine would have been perfect. Mine is slated for the garbage, as I don't plan on ever using it again. Wrote a long post in the most regretted detailing purchase thread. Big, expensive, pos in my book.
    Lotsa complaints on it, one guy posted where it ripped the backing plate off the housing, others complained its weaker than a PC24XP. I think Flex needs to pull the plug on it before it pulls the company's name down. They should focus on the 3401 and PE-14 as therein lies their strength.

Post Thanks / Like

Lolz. German quality.

Not to bash Flex, because the 3401 is a legend... (And I've never used this new machine)

But, I must be missing something. I don't get the appeal of this machine.

Rupes invented the long throw DA (please don't tell me about that humongous Dynabrade thing you put on a rotary). This price of this thing is similar to Rupes. Rupes has a track record of making a great machine that is used by most pros out there. It seems pretty much perfected to me with the MK II.

If I was in the market for a long throw DA, I just don't see the appeal of getting a Flex.

WHAT AM I MISSING?

Post Thanks / Like

Some people like red.

Post Thanks / Like

Me, I based my decision to purchase this machine solely on the track record of the 3401. Figured the plastic housing wouldn't get as hot as the 3401. Wrong. The 3401 keeps on trucking, under complete control.