autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FLEX XFE7-15 150 Unboxing/FLEX picture comparison

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Awesome Mike! Thanks for the comparison shots and look forward to your review.

On a more curious note: If the machine is made in Germany, why order a 120v from the US if you live in Germany. That was the only thing on my mind the whole time haha. Is it because you would take it back with you later on, or is not available in 240v yet.

If it is the latter, I am interested in the Rupes nano ibrid but cannot find it in 240v (Dubai needs 240) so was wondering how you use 120v in Germany. I do not want to spend the $600 asking price (ridiculous IMO) to have it burn out on me because I don't how to make it work :P

TIA
    Thank you sir. Will do.

I know it seems kind of funny the way ordered/received it but AFAIK it is only available in 120v.

I am live on a military installation and have access to either 120 or 240.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Kempster View Post
    Mike, you are the reason I bought my 3401 so long ago, looking forward to your write up on this. I am interested but will wait until the end of the year for any updates. Looking forward to the HD model and plate options.

This machine seems to be very PE-14 chassis inspired. Thanks as always for your valued posts.
    Will share as much as I can when I get to it. Still haven't used the machine other than switch it on. Just come back from vacation.

I love the feature of the PE14 style chassis as well as all the controls are identical between the machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    Would be nice to do a side by side comparison on a panel with the 3401 which you are familiar with and apart from smoothness/quietness focus on defect removal vs the 3401. An "unbiased", "factual" review on your experience will be highly appreciated.
    Understood. But first I will focus on using and reviewing just the XFE. Later on I will get to the comparisons of the machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Dear Mike, congratulations on your acquisition! Definitively a Mike Phillips Signed Tool performs better than an unsigned, I can attest that!

It's also a great match you did with the thin pads, and now we are all looking forward on hearing your thoughts on tool usage.

I have an opinion on power / performance and that is More Power is not always what we are looking for - if that's truth we should all be ordering 30.000rpm steel cutting tools... No? That's Powerful!

We should rely on well balanced tools designed to polish paint, and that's what the Flex was always All-in. The least abrasive method may not be the one that will remove every layer of available paint but one capable of leaving the best finish without compromising the clear coat.

Congratulations on your order, please, let us know when you put it into work!

Kind Regards.
    Thanks Rafael!

I surely will keep everyone updated.

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Agreed x 100!
    Understood Mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the clarification bud

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post... Trying to decide between the XFE7-15 or a Boss-15. Flex seems to have won already though....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Camper1026 View Post
    Thanks for the post... Trying to decide between the XFE7-15 or a Boss-15. Flex seems to have won already though....
    Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

I had a chance to use the XFE last week and was very impressed. Keep your eye out for a review.

Post Thanks / Like

In my limited time with the XFE7-15 at SEMA, my initial impressions were none of the long-stroke competitors could touch its smoothness or power. That was also under the conditions Flex supplied to me, but it was still extremely impressive.

Can't wait to see a real world review, especially from you, Mike. Yours have been so valuable in the past.
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234