autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

cyclo model 5 pro series?

was wondering if anyone has this polisher? it has variable speed control which i think is very nice. The only problem is i havent found one online vendor that carries this particular model any ideas on where i could find this model at?

if this model isnt for sale then iam torn between the flex da which i have heard was great and the cyclo. btw iam new to polishers so any comments on either will make my descicion easier.

here is the cyclo website so you can see it Cyclo Polishers
    Last edited by red79vette; 11-20-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: added link to site

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cyclo model 5 pro series?

Quote Originally Posted by red79vette View Post
    ...any ideas on where i could find this model at?
    Call the people at Autogeek and ask them if they can get it for you. You can find the phone number here: Autogeek.net Contact Info

Post Thanks / Like

If I had to choose between the Cyclo and the Flex 3401 I would definately choose the Flex. I own both a Cyclo and a Flex 3401 and the 3401 is much more versatile in that it gets into tighter areas than the Cyclo and you can get pads for the flex just about anywhere. The cyclo on the other hand makes for one great carpet scrubber when you put a set of brushes on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think this polisher is available yet, I will find out more for you by monday.
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    If I had to choose between the Cyclo and the Flex 3401 I would definately choose the Flex. I own both a Cyclo and a Flex 3401 and the 3401 is much more versatile in that it gets into tighter areas than the Cyclo and you can get pads for the flex just about anywhere. The cyclo on the other hand makes for one great carpet scrubber when you put a set of brushes on it.
    Thanks for tips. im torn closly between the two on one hand i heard the flex can handle alot of the tough swirls,scratches,etc but on the other hand i dont detail others cars atm other then my familys and none of there vehicles have any heavy defects. the only defects on my vette are very light swirls, which makes me go the cyclo route as it seems to have less vibration another reason is my father owns a trucking company and i figured the cyclo would be easier to use on tractor trailers and whatnot.
    still trying to figure it out descions descions

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I dont think this polisher is available yet, I will find out more for you by monday.
    much thanks i appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for tips. im torn closly between the two on one hand i heard the flex can handle alot of the tough swirls,scratches,etc but on the other hand i dont detail others cars atm other then my familys and none of there vehicles have any heavy defects. the only defects on my vette are very light swirls, which makes me go the cyclo route as it seems to have less vibration another reason is my father owns a trucking company and i figured the cyclo would be easier to use on tractor trailers and whatnot.
    still trying to figure it out descions descions

much thanks i appreciate it
    It is a tough decision indeed, I have no doubt that you would like both machines. They are both tough machines with excellent build quality. If I was doing semi trucks I would probably be reaching for my Cyclo to get the job done, simply because I could see a situation where I would be standing on a step and hanging on to a handle with one hand and polishing with the other hand. If you can handle the weight of the Cyclo it is a very easy machine to operate with one hand whereas the Flex 3401 would be taking you for a ride. (the Flex takes 2 hands on vertical panels)

One thing I can tell you is that the Genuine Cyclo pads are the longest lasting 4" pads sold anywhere at any price so I would go with them if you do choose the Cyclo. Good luck either way you go. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the Cyclo. TD

Post Thanks / Like

Well i contacted cyclo and this is the response on the new cyclo model 5 pro series. just so anyone else was wondering about it.

The Model 5 Pro Series is more geared towards professional detailers. To be
    honest it is so new that the pricing has not been established, and we don't
    know if it will be available to public just yet. We just put the info on the
    website last week, so no dealers would have it in stock at this time. I
    would check back in a couple of weeks and we can have more information for
    you.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

sounds like its going to be a neat addition. but i got excited and ordered me the porter cable kit instead couldnt pass up all the good deals going on at AG. im sure i wont be dissapointed by the purchase can barely wait for it to show up!

Mike Phillips

Here is the cyclo website so you can see it Cyclo Polishers

Or check it out at the Autogeek's Show Car Garage Studio!

New! Cyclo Model 5 Pro Series - Variable Speed

The new Model 5 Pro Series is on the left with the blue grip...