autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What can a Cyclo correct...take a look, you'll be suprised!

Quote Originally Posted by 08 300C View Post
    I suppose as with anything there are good points and bad, but as for value the Cyclo is a steal. Thanks to Autogeek I read all the pros in the description of the machine but when I saw the picture my heart almost stopped. Years ago the Fire Department in which I volunteered decided to get a new buffer and throw the old one out as the plug was damaged. I remember taking it home probably 20 years ago but never used it.

When I saw the picture I immediately ran down to the basement to see if I could find it. Well there it was in the farthest corner left neglected for all these years. I copied the Serial number and contacted Cyclo to see how old it was, Wendy at Cyclo Toolmakers said the company was started in 1953 and my machine numbered 3901 was made in the 50s. I put a new plug on it and guess what, it works GREAT. So what more could you expect after 50 years it still does what it was made to do. Buy one with confidence, it hasn’t really even changed much in all these decades, can’t say that for most of what you buy today.
    I cannot tell you how many times we hear this, people that call to get Cyclo pads have had their polisher for 20+ years! It simply amazes me, Cyclo Polishers are work horses, you just can't beat them down. Lots of professionals use them due to their durability, let alone the quality of work they can help you produce.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: What can a Cyclo correct...take a look, you'll be suprised!

Junebug,
    Not sure where you live but if its close to me I'd be happy to lend you my 56 year old Cyclo for a weekend or so, you can PM me if you'd like.:

Post Thanks / Like

I too am a Cyclo fan. For those that have used one "for a short time", there is no way you can possibly appreciate what you can accomplish with it. The single speed is neither a negative or a positive......that's just the way it works and further reduces the complexities of it's operation. It's simple, I'm simple, we work well together.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

08 300C - I'm in Louisburg NC. But, I have this problem using other people's tools, cars, etc - I borrowed my best friends car, the next day the trans dropped out, then the next time the engine blew, not my fault ok, but it was a bad omen. Then I went through 4 farm tractors that my uncles let me borrow to haul off old wood, maybe I just have bad karma!! If you're in town, I'll buy you lunch and you can show me how that Cyclo works!

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought my cyclo in December and I wish I had bought it a long time ago. Using the right compound and pads it will get a more than a person would think being that it is an orbital. My buddy just had his 57 Chevy repainted (enamel) it was orange peeled up pretty good. I hit the car with some 2000 and compounded and polished the vehicle and it was ready show.If I ever learn how to get URL for pictures I will share pictures with stories...The only thing I do not like about the Cyclo is where the power switch is ....I also like the brush attachments to break loose dirt in the carpets and vac before deep cleaning ...
    Have a Great One !
    Bob
    p.s. Don't throw away the High speeds The Cyclo does not completely eliminate them but it's pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing I like about the cyclo is the learning curve is very small. Just use it a short time and you will feel good with it....Sometimes my wife comes on a detail job with me and that is her job while I do other things!

Post Thanks / Like

How about the noise level? I assume it's pretty vibration free due to the design - but what about the sound? How would you compare it to say a PC or a Makita rotary?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    How about the noise level? I assume it's pretty vibration free due to the design - but what about the sound? How would you compare it to say a PC or a Makita rotary?
    It makes a little noise but not much louder than a high speed other than it's a different sound. really it's such a minor detail I never put any thought in to it. as for comparing it to a makita I couldn't tell ya cuz I don't own one. between the brushes for breaking up old dirt in carpets and the different stages of pads for compounding and polishing. I do feel it's a must for any professional detailer or hard core weekend warrior.. I know some feel otherwise and that is why this is nothing more than my opinion.
    Have a Great One !
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

First let me say I really like this machine. Its smooth, balanced and leaves a hologram free finish even after heavy correction...plus one handed polishing is a breeze.
    How about the side panels? Get arm weary?

Post Thanks / Like

It is slightly louder than a rotary but not as loud as a Porter Cable. But I always wear fitted ear plugs when using any power tools.

A lot of my friends thought I was a "pansy" for wearing ear plugs when tree trimming, running a band saw, shooting etc. But I am 55 and have almost no detectable hearing loss. While their hearing starts to roll off at 5K and they are deaf above 11k.

The thing that I really like about my Cyclo is that my wrists don't go numb after a couple of hours like they do with a PC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast