autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Justin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    As always, impressive results Justin. Did you get close to the 25 minute goal? I've always had to use a lot more time with PB PwS on the PC but do like it.

Two things:

1) You said you beleive in cleaning the paint, how about the clay bar? That definitely takes some time if you want to do it right otherwise don't do it. Usually to me it takes 1 hour doing a quick clay, a very attentive clay can take a lot longer, how do you avoid this problem with older or cars with more mileage?

2) Can PBwS be applied via UDM + white LC pad with same results?
    AP Auto Detailing & Car Care
    "Care, Pride, Passion"
    Serving the Greater Toronto Area 24/7, 365.
    Direct e-mail: info@apautodetailing.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by m4gician View Post
    Two things:

1) You said you beleive in cleaning the paint, how about the clay bar? That definitely takes some time if you want to do it right otherwise don't do it. Usually to me it takes 1 hour doing a quick clay, a very attentive clay can take a lot longer, how do you avoid this problem with older or cars with more mileage?

2) Can PBwS be applied via UDM + white LC pad with same results?

Neither of these cars needed claying. An hour would add 50.00 to the bill for the customer. If it needs it, I tell the customer and then they make the decision. I do this for a living. I don't give anything away.

Claying is not the only way to clean the paint on a car. Look at my pads and you will see that.

I'm not familiar with LC's pads but I've used it with the UDM with great results. The same for 360.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The white CCS pad and PwS will be a great cleaner / sealant. If you want some swirls removed, you'll need to bump up to a light cut (orange) pad. PwS is pad dependant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    The white CCS pad and PwS will be a great cleaner / sealant. If you want some swirls removed, you'll need to bump up to a light cut (orange) pad. PwS is pad dependant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I back PWS up. Amazing 1 step and OS on top I bet the depth is worth $100 easy Nice write up Justin!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin I know you've used 360.... which is better in your opinion? and what's really funny is PwS looks alot like RL Polish and protect??? wonder if they're made by the same company... what's even weirder is that your pads got as dirty as mine with the cyclo, but they don't get like that with the udm... gonna have to try out RL products with the UDM and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does an older car with millage not need a claying when NEW cars benefit greatly from claying? How do you determine the difference between NEED and just claying to get a better final result? I know the product you used "cleans" the paint, but what about the theory that the dirt thats still left on the paint AFTER washing gets grinded into the paint? Thoughts?
    Last edited by D; 10-10-2007 at 10:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detailing View Post
    How does an older car with millage not need a claying when NEW cars benefit greatly from claying? How do you determine the difference between NEED and just claying to get a better final result? I know the product you used "cleans" the paint, but what about the theory that the dirt thats still left on the paint AFTER washing gets grinded into the paint? Thoughts?

He said he gives the customer the option if they want it clayed or not. In theory every car should be clayed... however some detailers have that as an option or upgrade. everyone does their own thing. doesn't make it right or wrong. just preference.

Post Thanks / Like
    I realize that. But he said the car didnt need it. So Im just curious as to why it didnt. Like you said, every car should be clayed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast