autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation My Recent International Order Experience, read this BEFORE YOU ORDER

I must admit I was very impressive by the number of products that Autogeek carries and its informative forum, so after hearing it's high praises I thought I'd give it try, but at the end I was LESS THAN IMPRESSED by my first order and probably the last order. Here is why:

1. Order was placed on Jan 11th, took 2 days to received the billing of the international shipping cost, upon paying the shipping immediately I then emailed both the customer service (who confirmed me the payment has been received) and the international customer service (who is responsible for the international orders) to ask them if they can expedited my order because here in China most couriers will be off work for the Chinese New Year around the Jan 20th, and since I don't know which date UPS will be off I was afraid I won't get my order till Feb when they return to work. However, both emails were NOT ANSWERED and of course it was NOT EXPEDITED, and it was shipped out on the 16th.

2. The UPS system showed that the package was cleared by the Customs on the 20th and it's schedule for deliver on the 23rd, then when I checked the system on the 23rd now the system says its be "this package is being held for a future delivery date/SCHEDULE DATE as UNAVAILABLE". Since the UPS system only shows the statues of the package with no contact to reach, I emailed the UPS Customer Service at Beijing and received a US 400 number, so no thanks to that I turned to Autogeek and basically REPLIED WITH MY OWN WORDS with an attached UPS tracking list that I already have. Surprisingly, UPS delivered the package today, Jan 24.
    My Recent International Order Experience, read this BEFORE YOU ORDER-3-jpg

3. Poor "My Account" system, from the placement of this order Jan 11 till receiving it Jan 24th Autogeek's system it still does NOT have my TRACKING # or the CORRECT total amount with the shipping cost added. Also, besides paying for the products itself, everything else was done via emails, such as paying for your international shipping, (since Autogeek email the shipping bill) then email you the UPS tracking link. However, the upside of this 90's online ordering experience is it does make me feel young again.
    My Recent International Order Experience, read this BEFORE YOU ORDER-2-jpg

Lastly, I really hope Autogeek can improve their customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Recent International Order Experience, read this BEFORE YOU ORDER

I don't know, man, but I've been buying from AG for years, and never had a problem that wasn't solved. International shipping as well. It takes one or two days for them to figure out shipping charges, but package sizes and merchandise weight varies, it has to be done manually.
    Imho, you are not being fair with AG.

Post Thanks / Like

13 days to get from FLA to China, sounds pretty good to me, LOL. Not sure about the email situation though.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPM_BR View Post
    I don't know, man, but I've been buying from AG for years, and never had a problem that wasn't solved. International shipping as well. It takes one or two days for them to figure out shipping charges, but package sizes and merchandise weight varies, it has to be done manually.
    Imho, you are not being fair with AG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    13 days to get from FLA to China, sounds pretty good to me, LOL. Not sure about the email situation though.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    Not complaining on the delivery time here, because I know the delivery time is out of AG hand once it leaves the warehouse but though paying $110 for 4.5lb by UPS Expedited (which listed on their site as 4-5days) isn't cheap.

I can't speak for the rest, but I can only speak based on my experience, but I'm not doubting that AG's customer service could be the best, but just like anything else even Mike even misses once in awhile.

As I mentioned above I first ask the customer service if they could expedited my order to get it shipped out faster, do you think I'm asking too much because the special circumstance? Even if they would of say no, won't possibly hurt to write an 2 minute email. And when I couldn’t get a hold of UPS here, if they couldn’t help me reach the UPS to solve the problem, shouldn’t AG at least try to get a paying customer a reachable contact person so I can try to reach them myself? I mean working as a customer service during my college years, I know its my responsibility to resolve my customers issue and I won’t consider a job done till they have their orders in their hands, won’t you agree?

Post Thanks / Like

My Recent International Order Experience, read this BEFORE YOU ORDER

We're All Living in Amerika

It's wonderful.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

It's wonderful.
    Indeed it is, and I do miss the days when I was in CA. And doing detailing is just extra hard here, specially trying to get the right product here. Some of the stuff they just don't have, and the ones they do make here locally are comparable to the items in the dollar stores.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

It's wonderful.
    I've to respectfully disagree, "we" don't all live in America, they're other 6 continents on this earth.

Post Thanks / Like

My Recent International Order Experience, read this BEFORE YOU ORDER

I'll give you some real legit advice. If I was you, I would order stuff from the U.K. via DHL.

For some reason, the Brits seem to be awesome at world wide shipping. Maybe because they prolly ship a lot of stuff to various countries in EU?

But, somehow, stuff gets to my door in like 3 days from the U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at your order and all shipped in timely manner, once an order leaves the states we have no control over it at all. As for shipping costs, we are not in the shipping business so we are not profiting on your shipping - TRUST ME!
    As for time for a quote, we try to get the quote as precise as possible so you are not overpaying, so yes we get the order weighted out and see the box size and get quotes all before we reply back to you. We do this to provide international customers the cheapest form of shipping, but trust me it is a little labor intensive but we are happy to do it.
    I am sorry you feel your experience was so horrible, we pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry so I greatly apologize.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanzh12 View Post
    Not complaining on the delivery time here, because I know the delivery time is out of AG hand once it leaves the warehouse but though paying $110 for 4.5lb by UPS Expedited (which listed on their site as 4-5days) isn't cheap.

I can't speak for the rest, but I can only speak based on my experience, but I'm not doubting that AG's customer service could be the best, but just like anything else even Mike even misses once in awhile.

As I mentioned above I first ask the customer service if they could expedited my order to get it shipped out faster, do you think I'm asking too much because the special circumstance? Even if they would of say no, won't possibly hurt to write an 2 minute email. And when I couldn’t get a hold of UPS here, if they couldn’t help me reach the UPS to solve the problem, shouldn’t AG at least try to get a paying customer a reachable contact person so I can try to reach them myself? I mean working as a customer service during my college years, I know its my responsibility to resolve my customers issue and I won’t consider a job done till they have their orders in their hands, won’t you agree?
    The problem seems to be more UPS than AG (other than the poor email trail and lack of tracking number).

I handle these UPS shipments all over the globe for the company I work for and if there is problem with shipping the shipper (AG in this case) has to all the talking.

You can start by contacting AG again and make them aware that you paid for a level of service with UPS (Standard, Express, Expedited etc.) and that service was not delivered.

Make take a while for UPS to pony up, but they usually do eventually.

Sorry you had a bad first experience, as I have never had a problem with UPS shipment from AG into Canada (however we are the largest and closest trading partner of USA, so that helps for sure).
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast