autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping the order takes so long

What do the midwest or west coast customers think about order processing and shipping? I placed an order on the 6/18 and haven't received it yet (it has been shipped). Granted, there was a back order item that was slated to be shipped separately; this may have delayed the shipping of the main order. Nevertheless, my last order took about 10 days from order to receipt. Anyone else in the midwest or elsewhere noticing this? Can't beat the inventory or sales, but the processing and shipping time seems a bit long.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

What am I missing here? If a back ordered item is slated to ship separately, why should that delay the rest of the order? If it makes you feel any better, my last two Amazon purchases took 10 - 12 days (shipped from Florida warehouses). One by UPS, the other a UPS / USPS hybrid delivery. I knocked a day off the second one when UPS tracking showed my package "delivered to shipping partner." I called the Postmaster and asked her to hold it for pickup instead of giving it to the carrier the next day. I wish more businesses would ship UPS/USPS. In a small town, it's easy to intercept the package at the P.O. instead of waiting around for an expensive package or hoping your stuff doesn't wind up on your porch in bad weather.

Unless a company promises to process my order within a certain time frame, I don't get upset unless it takes more than three business days to process or if it takes more than one business day to get an out of stock notification. If there's a problem, I expect immediate notification. If a website allows me to put an item in the cart and check out, I sure as hell expect that item to be in stock. What does upset me is the experience I had last week buying a watch. I made a point of calling in my order expressly to avoid all the stuff I just mentioned, being promised overnight delivery and then getting an email the next morning telling me the item I just bought was out of stock when I bought it and more are expected next week - maybe.

Autogeek is in a position to guarantee price, availability and order processing time. The rest is up to the carrier.

What I do find ridiculous is the "we have too much business" excuse for any customer service issue for any business. I hear that a lot. "Due to an unprecedented call volume, your wait time may be longer than expected." Really? You have so much business your customer support agents can't handle the volume? You know what, I don't care and that's an excuse that you should never give to a customer. Don't cry to me about a problem everybody wishes their businesses had - too much sales volume.

Customer service agents would be well served by learning how problems were handled 20 or 30 years ago. No damned excuses, just "Yes sir. Somebody on our end dropped the ball. I'll make sure we track down whatever went wrong. In the meantime, what can I do to make this right?"

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions like "when will my order ship?" are best asked over the telephone and/or email. 1-800-869-3011 ext 215

Questions like "do I apply wax before or after paint sealant?" are best asked on the forum.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang View Post
    What am I missing here? If a back ordered item is slated to ship separately, why should that delay the rest of the order? If it makes you feel any better, my last two Amazon purchases took 10 - 12 days (shipped from Florida warehouses). One by UPS, the other a UPS / USPS hybrid delivery. I knocked a day off the second one when UPS tracking showed my package "delivered to shipping partner." I called the Postmaster and asked her to hold it for pickup instead of giving it to the carrier the next day. I wish more businesses would ship UPS/USPS. In a small town, it's easy to intercept the package at the P.O. instead of waiting around for an expensive package or hoping your stuff doesn't wind up on your porch in bad weather.

Unless a company promises to process my order within a certain time frame, I don't get upset unless it takes more than three business days to process or if it takes more than one business day to get an out of stock notification. If there's a problem, I expect immediate notification. If a website allows me to put an item in the cart and check out, I sure as hell expect that item to be in stock. What does upset me is the experience I had last week buying a watch. I made a point of calling in my order expressly to avoid all the stuff I just mentioned, being promised overnight delivery and then getting an email the next morning telling me the item I just bought was out of stock when I bought it and more are expected next week - maybe.

Autogeek is in a position to guarantee price, availability and order processing time. The rest is up to the carrier.

What I do find ridiculous is the "we have too much business" excuse for any customer service issue for any business. I hear that a lot. "Due to an unprecedented call volume, your wait time may be longer than expected." Really? You have so much business your customer support agents can't handle the volume? You know what, I don't care and that's an excuse that you should never give to a customer. Don't cry to me about a problem everybody wishes their businesses had - too much sales volume.

Customer service agents would be well served by learning how problems were handled 20 or 30 years ago. No damned excuses, just "Yes sir. Somebody on our end dropped the ball. I'll make sure we track down whatever went wrong. In the meantime, what can I do to make this right?"

When I read through your total posting history it's simply more of the same hostile and demeaning attitude towards our forum members.

People join forums for typically one of three reasons...

1. To ask questions and get help.

2. To answer questions and help others.

3. To cause problems.

Here's the link to our forum rules,

Forum Rules

Here's the rules your broke....

3. You are welcome to disagree but you must be polite.

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all, this also includes talking to others in a demeaning manner.

12. Continuously breaking the rules to disrupt the online community will result in you being banned from the forum.

15. No personal attacks toward members or non-members will be tolerated.

After discussing your posts to our forum with management it was decided that you joined this forum for reason 3 I listed above.

3. To cause problems.

Now under your name it correctly states,

SELF BANNED

We don't want and we don't need people acting like you on this forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12