autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: First viewing of Competition Ready

  1. #11

    Re: First viewing of Completion Ready

    lol what do you guys expect. If anything is on TV it's staged.

  2. #12
    Senior Member cleanmycorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,502

    Re: First viewing of Completion Ready

    Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    lol what do you guys expect. If anything is on TV it's staged.
    i don't think anyone is denying or saying it wasn't????
    Back to the full-time grind.

  3. #13

    First viewing of Completion Ready

    Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    i don't think anyone is denying or saying it wasn't????
    Didn't sound that way from the posts above. Just saying. I was speaking mainly from expectation standpoint.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    5,500

    Re: First viewing of Completion Ready

    Probably huge money involved to air a show on tv.

  5. #15
    Senior Member RTexasF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North TX
    Posts
    2,297

    Re: First viewing of Completion Ready

    Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Probably huge money involved to air a show on tv.
    No question about it. Regardless of cost it either appeals or does not. Based on only one show, which is not conclusive, it was not what I expected.
    I will watch other shows so as to get a better grip on it. I am NOT dumping on the show merely stating that I was disappointed. All on the show have my ultimate respect for their many talents, I'm just not too thrilled with the way Velocity presents it.
    Rick....now in North Texas

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    677

    Re: First viewing of Completion Ready

    I'm in agreement with most of you. It's cheesy at the beginning with the call and the meeting. We look at this different than most non OCD car people would. I can't go to a cruise night or cars and coffe without finding every single swirl or flaw in every car there. Neither can anyone else on thi forum, it's how we're wired. So let's look at the purpose of the show. But first, we are not the target audience, we already buy from AG regularly. The show is a half hour infomercial for AG. And there is nothing wrong with that. If a normal car guy watches the show, sees the before and afters, and then says, " I want my car to look like that". They come to the website, check out the forum, maybe sign up and ask some questions, but they come here none the less. A phone call and questions to Nick, or whom ever, and boom $500 first order. Pretty much how we all started here, but we didn't get to see a fancy TV show, with a very handsome Mike Phillips #MikePhillipsmancrush.

  7. #17
    Senior Member RTexasF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North TX
    Posts
    2,297

    Re: First viewing of Completion Ready

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    I'm in agreement with most of you. It's cheesy at the beginning with the call and the meeting. We look at this different than most non OCD car people would. I can't go to a cruise night or cars and coffe without finding every single swirl or flaw in every car there. Neither can anyone else on thi forum, it's how we're wired. So let's look at the purpose of the show. But first, we are not the target audience, we already buy from AG regularly. The show is a half hour infomercial for AG. And there is nothing wrong with that. If a normal car guy watches the show, sees the before and afters, and then says, " I want my car to look like that". They come to the website, check out the forum, maybe sign up and ask some questions, but they come here none the less. A phone call and questions to Nick, or whom ever, and boom $500 first order. Pretty much how we all started here, but we didn't get to see a fancy TV show, with a very handsome Mike Phillips #MikePhillipsmancrush.

    Very good point and one I had not considered.
    Rick....now in North Texas

  8. #18
    Senior Member david79z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, TX
    Posts
    549

    Re: First viewing of Completion Ready

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    I'm in agreement with most of you. It's cheesy at the beginning with the call and the meeting. We look at this different than most non OCD car people would. I can't go to a cruise night or cars and coffe without finding every single swirl or flaw in every car there. Neither can anyone else on thi forum, it's how we're wired. So let's look at the purpose of the show. But first, we are not the target audience, we already buy from AG regularly. The show is a half hour infomercial for AG. And there is nothing wrong with that. If a normal car guy watches the show, sees the before and afters, and then says, " I want my car to look like that". They come to the website, check out the forum, maybe sign up and ask some questions, but they come here none the less. A phone call and questions to Nick, or whom ever, and boom $500 first order. Pretty much how we all started here, but we didn't get to see a fancy TV show, with a very handsome Mike Phillips #MikePhillipsmancrush.

    True.. I am not a pro and I've learned something from each episode. I find myself pausing the show to see what products are being used, etc. I've also aquired a huge wish list.

  9. #19
    Senior Member RTexasF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North TX
    Posts
    2,297

    Re: First viewing of Completion Ready

    Certainly this thread has been noticed but I see no response from anyone at Autogeek. Is this thread not worth your time? I'm not trying to cause a problem here, just expressing an opinion. It appears that others agree somewhat. I realize that a HUGE amount of effort, travel, organization, and money went into this project. It's just not not what many of us expected. Responses???
    Rick....now in North Texas

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    429

    Re: First viewing of Completion Ready

    It is what it is, they dont owe anyone an opinion on one of our opinions.
    custmsprty likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble viewing old posts
    By Drew.culp in forum Customer Comments
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 07:53 PM
  2. For your viewing pleasure (jet truck)
    By Anthony@zerboautoworks in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 08:33 PM
  3. Viewing Your Work
    By Michael M in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 07:20 AM
  4. Completion of weekend project Ford 4 x 4
    By Nica in forum Show N' Shine
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» March 2017

262728 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1