autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SR99 View Post
    As others have noted, about 400 watts is the AC power consumption. All that tells you is that you can safely run it on a 15 amp circuit simultaneously with another tool consuming about 9 amps.

That number doesn't have a direct relationship with the correcting power at the pad, especially with a free-rotating type of DA where the pad rotation can be stopped to zero rotations while the machine's motor is consuming the full rated power from the AC line, in driving the oscillating portion (where the OPM is applicable) of the dual action.

see this link for specs:
    Check Out The New Rupes LHR 75E Mini & Rupes LHR 12E Duetto [SEMA Show 2013] | Ask a Pro Blog
    I know W=VxA. Watts is the power used and Amperes is the amount of electrons that moves through a circuit in a certain period of time. I'm not an electrician.

That being said, in the real world it does have SOME relationship to how powerful or how "ballsy" a machine is. Most of the DA machines have motors and overall designs that are relatively similarly efficient. Sure there are a ton of other factors, but GENERALLY a machine that draws significantly more power will be more powerful.

For example, a GG6 is 7.5 amps and 850 watts. That's significantly more powerful than a 7424 that's like 4 amps and 500 watts (or around that if I recall). Its a power difference you can feel. Sure the motors and machines are different, the efficiency of each isn't 100% equal - but I think its safe to assume your basically comparing apples to apples - and watts and amps give you a ballpark of the more powerful machine.

When I'm talking about the motors power output, I'm talking about its ability to spin the pad under conditions that are not perfect (complex/concave panels) and not bog down. I know their isn't a direct rotary like connection from the motor to the spindle, but generally speaking, I believe there is SOMEWHAT of a direct relationship between the power these DA machines consume and the power they put out.

I do believe a larger stroke machine corrects better than a smaller one. However, I don't believe that a larger stroke machine whose pad isn't spinning corrects BETTER than a smaller stroke machine whose pad is spinning well (just jiggling).

All my opinions and my experience. So, I do believe input amperes and watts does have some bearing on the correction ability of a machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA Release of Rupes

Hi Swanicyouth,
    When your counter-arguments become fabricated claims and cherry-picked data points to continue to support your beliefs, I lose interest. Oh well.
    If you want to continue to discuss via PM, that's fine, but it's beyond where it's a forum-suitable dialog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02xtreme07SS View Post
    I had intended on purchasing both new machines, but I'm out if they are only offering them as part of a 'kit'. Hopefully this isn't the case, but if it is, it's a bad business decision in my book.
    Richard made Rupes sell their machine in a kit.

Post Thanks / Like

This is from Francesco Ginocchio. It's a reply on a FB detailers group. The single machines are coming but the kits are scheduled to come out first. I pm'ed him and asked about good Friday sales and he couldn't commit to that date. He is very aware we are a impatient bunch and is doing what he can to accommodate us.

Francesco Ginocchio Just let us to plan carefully the production...Machines only are in our short term plans... The success of these new machine has been amazing...we have just to understand how to move on with the production

November 11 at 2:20pm · Like · 3..

Juan Ruiz Francesco, this should be "EASY" there's a little green switch that activates the production line, turn it on and let the production start

November 11 at 2:57pm · Unlike · 4..

Francesco Ginocchio We have already started...dont worry guys...we take care about your requests!

November 11 at 3:26pm · Unlike · 4

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SR99 View Post

As others have noted, about 400 watts is the AC power consumption. All that tells you is that you can safely run it on a 15 amp circuit simultaneously with another tool consuming about 9 amps.

That number doesn't have a direct relationship with the correcting power at the pad, especially with a free-rotating type of DA where the pad rotation can be stopped to zero rotations while the machine's motor is consuming the full rated power from the AC line, in driving the oscillating portion (where the OPM is applicable) of the dual action.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

So, I do believe input amperes and watts does have some bearing on the correction ability of a machine.

Hey guys...

First I'm not an electrical engineer and nor do I have any desire to become one. I also am completely aware that two things that get detailers the most excited are,

• New Tools
    • New Products - Usually, new compounds polishes or LSP's

At least historically, the above to categories of products tend to create the most excitement in the online detailing world.

Because I can tell that this is going to be a hot topic for some time into the future, (it's been a hot topic in the past), I'll share the analogy that Marco D'Inca shared with me to explain how the number associated with the electrical use of a tool does not automatically equate to the effectiveness of the tool.

But... I'll start a new thread as this thread is already on page 9 of discussions and this topic really deserves it's own dedicated thread.

Post Thanks / Like

ok guys ! Urgent message ! I contacted rupes directly and they told me the machines will be sold as kits until January 2014 , but I'm not sure if that means the machine is limited time

Post Thanks / Like

Ok now I am confused ! Another place told me they will be selling the machines also individually ! ... Hmmm ... Rupes said only as kits until 2014 , but another place said once they receive stock they will have it alone . Now time to wait and see what happens !

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the third blab but now another place pretty much says both of these . They will only be sold for kits as of now until they rupes pushes out the machines . AG please have them in machines only ��

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Hopefully the wait doesn't negatively impact the excitement/desire to purchase the new machines on their own.
    07 TBSS AWD 3SS (Black) - 09 TBSS 2WD 3SS (Silver)

Post Thanks / Like

If the rupes mini, uses a not so strong motor like the rupes 15,21
    It will still bogg down at certain surface u are polishing.
    The only upside is bigger throw when compare to the GG3"
    But what is the difference if the motor is still weak.

The only reason the lhr75 is so popular because it is small and easy to maneuver, and most likely it does not bogg down during heavy use. Because it is a AIR tool.

But seriously if rupes want to play the game of selling as a kit. I highly doubt I will invest my money on them.
    It is just shady , lame and money robbing.

PS: it is not like they are having a problem selling all their other products. Sounds too greedy in my taste here.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast