autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up up up...and away! A Goodbye Note to all my Friends & Family

You will be missed, Nick, but best wishes for you as take on your new job. I can honestly say you've been instrumental in my supply cabinet slowing being taken over by McKee's 37 products. Bob made a good choice in adding you to his new team.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great opportunity for you Nick! I know product development is something you enjoy doing. Bob has gained a great asset to his company!

I look forward to seeing some of the great products that will be coming from the McKee's 37 line...and maybe even a few products from Nickee's

I'm glad you will just be moving next door so that I will be able to see you and talk to you when I go to the makeovers or pick up supplies at AG.

Your product recommendations have been spot on over the years, including recommending my first polisher...the Flex 3401...still my go-to polisher.

Mike Phillips

Wow!

I take off for some vacation time in Oregon and BOOM! Nick's moving up and moving on to an incredible new opportunity!

Congratulations my friend.

I'm sad to see you go but I know your work ethic and thus I know you're going to achieve even more success than you have in the past as you move into the future.

A few comments for Nick, those on this forum that know Nick and for anyone that doesn't know Nick and/or will read this thread into the future....

Nick is a text book definition of a quick study

Here's the definition from TheFreeDictionary.com

quick study

One who is able to memorize something easily and quickly or is able to understand and deal with something easily and successfully

A person who is able to learn or adapt to something in a short time or on short notice.

Someone able to acquire new knowledge and skills rapidly and easily; "she soaks up foreign languages like a sponge"

someone who learns or takes up knowledge

Nick is a walking, talking example of a quick study.

Nick came to work here at Autogeek shortly after I came to work for Autogeek so we’ve worked together over the years and as such I’ve had the opportunity to watch him closely as he’s moved up in the company ladder.

What I’ve seen is a young man with a passion to excel. A passion to do his very best at whatever the task he’s given. Nick is like a junk yard dog with a bone, once he gets a hold of it he doesn’t let it go till it’s done and over.

Nick is a true car guy. He loves all things automotive. He’s a subscriber and reader of multiple car magazines and a member and reader of multiple car websites and forums besides the topic of car detailing. As such he’s always up to speed on everything car related in the automotive industry.

He has the human characteristic call tenacity, this means he never gives up. He pursues a project and gives it his best till the mission is accomplished. Then like a soldier, he moves on to the next task set before him without missing a beat.

Besides tenacity, he’s creative. Nick is a creative genius when it comes to new product development. In the same way that Yancy, our Creative Director, (our video and graphics guy), is a genius when it comes to creating art and video production, Nick is a genius when it comes to creating new products. I’d go a step further and say Nick’s ahead of the curve; he’s not just coming up with new products he’s coming up with new categories for products in the automotive appearance industry.

Nick’s also a great writer. I don’t think or know if he has any formal background in writing but in my experience, a formal background can actually be an obstacle or hindrance instead of an asset. Much and I mean MUCH of the copy created over the last 6 1/2 years for the PBMG websites, PBMG Newsletters, product label copy, product directions and product handbooks has been written by Nick. As someone that writes a lot myself, I have to say Nick is not just a good write but a great writer. Writing, that is conveying your thoughts into the written word in a way that others will read it, retain it and then act on it is truly an art and an art that Nick has mastered.

My good friend Dick Koeth, who I’m sad to say is no longer with us, was my mentor when it comes to writing how-to copy. Dick Koeth was also the Strategic Planner for Meguiar’s during his last years with the company. The Strategic Planner is in incredibly vital job as it relates to the future success of any company. While Nick might not know it, by coming up with new products and new product categories, he’s doing the job of a Strategic Planner without even know it. Bob’s new company, RME is truly blessed and fortunate to have Nick working on their side.

Years ago I heard a statement in a movie that has stuck with me ever since. I think it was one of the Rambo movies but I have not been able to pinpoint the original sources. The statement when something like this,

“Rambo is the kind of guy you want fighting with you not against you”

The automotive car appearance industry is very competitive and Nick is the kind of guy you want working with you… not against you. Woe to anyone that has to do battle with Nick as Nick is a business warrior.

I’m going to miss having Nick as a co-worker; his shoes are going to be hard to fill. I’m happy to call Nick my friend and I’m already looking forward to his future success. Bob McKee is a lucky guy to have Nick on his side.

I’d say good luck Nick but I don’t believe in luck. My definition of luck is,

Luck = preparedness meets opportunity

You are prepared my friend so now is the time to make your mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Mike!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm humbled by all the comments, not to mention the confidence that each and every one of you has in my decision to move forward with Bob McKee.

I plan to remain an active part of this community, and I'll be easy to find - I promise!

Post Thanks / Like

Nick - I wish you the VERY best in your new endeavor.

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes Nick.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck to you Nick! Thank you for everything!

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, Thank you for all you have done for the Autogeek community and I wish you all the best at RME.
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes Nick!!! Aren't you going to be right next door with Bob?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast