autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

SEMA 2016 Video: Sonax Profiline Ceramic Coating CC36

SEMA 2016 Video: SONAX Profiline Ceramic Coating CC36

Jason Whitely the National Sales Manger and Dimitrios Habermeier the Global Director of Training share the new easy to use SONAX Profiline Ceramic Coating CC36 to provide long lasting protection with a super high gloss hydrophobic finish.

SONAX Profiline Ceramic Coating CC36

Available at Autogeek.com

SONAX Profiline Ceramic Coating CC36

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA 2016 Video: Sonax Profiline Ceramic Coating CC36

I'm intrigued by this due to the 1 hr cure time. Guess we have to sit and wait to see if it's affordable lol

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ... the aerosol design is interesting. I like seeing it foam on the applicator initially to measure how much you have to apply.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Flexible enough to repelling the impact? I dont fall for this as metal beneath is not that flexible.

Even with clear bra that is very thick and flexible, the paint below still damage in many case. In order to be that flexible ceramic layer will need to be thick enough that the force impact didn't reach below surface, I can't see that it could be that thick.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I am not intrigued by a coating that lasts "up to one year". That statement puts this product in-line with Meguiars Paint Protect - which is an OTC product. I will wait and see what the v2 and v3 products look like some years out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    Personally, I am not intrigued by a coating that lasts "up to one year". That statement puts this product in-line with Meguiars Paint Protect - which is an OTC product. I will wait and see what the v2 and v3 products look like some years out.
    I'm with you there. Based on my experience with the Blackfire coating, I look at things using a 50% rule: take their claims and reduce by 50%. That puts this product squarely in the same class as most reputable sealants and even their own PNS, which I still really want to try. Many other coating like McKee's, PBL, CarPro, and Optimum seem to have much better longevity.

I'm also not sure how much a like having a two-step application process. Most other coatings are one-and-done.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the above guys, any coating with a measly year protection isn't worth having over sealants or Collinite. Luckily there are 36-60 month coatings out there which as mentioned above,remove the marketing gimmicks and you end up with half.

Post Thanks / Like

It's about low cure times for me as I do not have a garage to keep a vehicle in for the 12+ traditional jobs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I'm with you there. Based on my experience with the Blackfire coating, I look at things using a 50% rule: take their claims and reduce by 50%. That puts this product squarely in the same class as most reputable sealants and even their own PNS, which I still really want to try. Many other coating like McKee's, PBL, CarPro, and Optimum seem to have much better longevity.

I'm also not sure how much a like having a two-step application process. Most other coatings are one-and-done.

I've had a can of PNS sitting around for about six months so I gave it a whirl on our new Altima. It's awesome stuff. Super easy to apply and high gloss.

This car has not been polished, it's been washed after taking delivery. It creates quite a nice gloss.

I'm not sure why all the other negative comments being posted here, it's not like anyone is forcing any one to use the products. But to comment on a product without first hand experince is pretty ridiculous.

The other thing is if we want these companies to continue to work on new products we should encourage them to do so, not blast them with negative comments when they launch something new.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast