autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Marine 31 Mildew Remover and Mildew Guard – Review

For this review I’m going to share my experience using Marine 31’s Mildew Remover Combo on my brother in-law recently purchased pre-owned bass boat:

First up Mildew Remover:

From Marine31’s product page for Mildew Remover:
    “Marine 31 Mildew Remover quickly and safely removes stubborn mildew stains on virtually all marine surfaces, including vinyl seat cushions, rubber fenders, fiberglass, gel coat, canopies, and more! Marine 31 Mildew Remover forgoes volatile cleaners and instead relies on smart chemistry; even severe mildew growth is no match for the incredible cleaning power of Marine 31 Mildew Remover.”
    Mildew Remover Instructions:

The mildew build up is pretty bad across multiple surfaces, most noticeable the gauge cluster and seats.

After spraying onto the seats, waiting a few minutes, and then buffing dry you can clearly see how well the mildew remover works in this 50/50 shot:

Close up:

Gauge cluster, before:

Mildew Remover in action:

Mildew Remover works amazingly fast. I enjoyed watching the mildew disappear moments after applying it. I did notice a slight bleach like odor but Marine31 clams this is a eco friendly and acid free product so I’m not sure what chemical wizardry is at play but it works!

Prior to the next step, all surfaces were wiped down, given a through rinse, and dried per instructions.

Next up Mildew Guard.
    Now that I’ve removed all of the nasty mildew build up, it’s time to protect everything with Mildew Guard:

From Marine31’s product page for Mildew Guard:
    “Marine 31 Mildew Guard is the solution to a common problem that plagues all boaters – mold and mildew growth on vinyl surfaces. This high-tech vinyl sealant forms a clear coating that protects against UV rays, body oils, salt, and most importantly, stubborn mold and mildew. Treated surfaces will retain their flexibility while being well protected against the damaging effects of nature.”

Instructions:

Mildew Guard couldn’t be easier WOWO product to apply. 1-2 sprays onto a clean foam applicator covers an entire seat:

10 minutes later the 2nd coat is applied, after a quick buff everything is protected and ready to fight mildew:

Gauge cluster:

Conclusion
    : Using these products to remove and prevent mildew growth couldn’t be easier. Time will tell how well Mildew Guard does at preventing mildew growth from returning. But Mildew Remover does exactly what it claims in a very quick and efficient manner. I’ve also used it on some grimy pool floats with equally impressive results. Additionally both products are made in the USA

Products used in this review:
    Marine 31 Mildew Remover Combo, marine mildew remover, boat mildew cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marine 31 Mildew Remover and Mildew Guard – Review

Great review !!!! Love the 50/50 pics !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How has the mildew guard lasted so far? I just bought the same kit for my boat. I will be spending a weekend cleaning my boat from top to bottom

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be near the boat next weekend and will make sure to check on the level of mildew present. Last I looked it was fine, buts it been a few weeks since then.

Yesterday I used M31 Mildew Remover on some very nasty mildew build up on my nieces life jacket. It took a few applications and a little scrubbing, but it's as good as new now.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I will be washing the whole boat inside and out. I got all the marine 31 stuff. My boss compounded and buffed his boat and loves it

Post Thanks / Like

Have not used mildew guard. Mildew remover works very well. We use it in the shop. Definitely has bleach which is ok but needs to be rinsed after application imo. Has a good combination of apc and bleach for tougher mildew. Works grsat when combined with a da and brush head attachment!

Post Thanks / Like

*2 Month Update* Marine 31 Mildew Remover and Mildew Guard – Review

Yesterday was the first time I've seen the boat since the initial mildew removal back on August 5:

Because it spends 90% of the time covered up and sitting on a trailer I was really curious - had any mildew returned?

Nope! Nada! None! Zilch!! I very happy to report Marine 31 Mildew Guard is still working:

Captains seat:

1st Mate's:

All in all, I'd say Mildew Guard is doing a fantastic job

Post Thanks / Like

This is really interesting. I'm looking to step up my boat detailing game next year and selling the mildew guard as an add on could really benefit. Thanks for the review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I'm glad the review/update was interesting and may lead to a nice up-sell opportunity for you next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast