autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular Member Extreme Radiance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Crystal Seal

Does BF Crystal sealant require A IPA wipe down before use?

What is the expected life span of BF Crystal Sealant?
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Crystal Seal

You'll find everything you need to know about BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal in this article I wrote:

Blackfire Crystal Seal - The 11 Minute Paint Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
    The key to success with Blackfire Crystal Seal is to apply it to a squeaky clean surface free of any contaminants. Clay as needed to remove bonded contaminants and use Blackfire’s Gloss Enhancing Polish to promote proper bonding of Crystal Seal. After the surface is cleaned and prepped, all you need is a microfiber or poly foam applicator. I’ve found that a microfiber applicator is ideal as it reduces the chance of streaking and provides a more thin, even coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Nick.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW OP I found BFCS a superior product and I was coming from having tried and used up Zaino CS. Although ZCS was a great product I found BFCS to be that much better and it's less expensive as well. The ease of use will have you use the product a lot unless you have the restraint to not do so, I did not 😎

Enjoy this product, I did!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Radiance View Post
    Does BF Crystal sealant require A IPA wipe down before use?

What is the expected life span of BF Crystal Sealant?

Agree to read the details from AGO but, to be honest, BFCS changed the way I detail cars. It's impossibly easy to use. For a Daily Driver with regular washes 6 months is realistic.

However, if doing this professionally (truth be told, I'm only part-time) this is a hard to beat product. Customers will see mega shine, slick finish with great water beading. But what makes this king for business use is how fast it goes on. I can knock out a full-size SUV, paints / glass / plastics in less than 15 minutes. A small car in less than 10.

Even better, within an hour, you can add a 2nd layer and add a bit more longevity. For quick customer detail (no polish) I usually knock out the wash and nanoskin decon, inspect and hit any spots with old school clay the mitt missed, wipe down to remove remnants of old sealants, drop 1 coat of BFCS, hit the interior for a vacuum and cleaning, and hit a car with a 2nd coat before giving keys back to the owner. Saves me about an hour versus a wax and can do a Tahoe or like in 4 hours flat.

Another thing I have done that you might want to check out - search Blackfire Rapidfire combo (Total Polish and Seal AIO + BFCS)

Post Thanks / Like

One thing to keep in mind is that BFCS gives a "glassy" shine. I like it for lighter colored cars but not as much on dark colors where I like to see more depth and shimmer. Sometimes it will streak as well, which you can't see as well on lighter paint. Yes, these streaks will come off after the first wash, but it can be a little frustrating if you don't have time to give it 12-24 hours to wash before you give the car back. To help avoid streaks as much as possible, try to use only one spritz per panel and apply in a crosshatch pattern.

Longevity by itself is probably 3-4 months, which is why I usually use it as a topper over BFWD or TPnS.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaFawnduh View Post
    Agree to read the details from AGO but, to be honest, BFCS changed the way I detail cars. It's impossibly easy to use. For a Daily Driver with regular washes 6 months is realistic.

However, if doing this professionally (truth be told, I'm only part-time) this is a hard to beat product. Customers will see mega shine, slick finish with great water beading. But what makes this king for business use is how fast it goes on. I can knock out a full-size SUV, paints / glass / plastics in less than 15 minutes. A small car in less than 10.

Even better, within an hour, you can add a 2nd layer and add a bit more longevity. For quick customer detail (no polish) I usually knock out the wash and nanoskin decon, inspect and hit any spots with old school clay the mitt missed, wipe down to remove remnants of old sealants, drop 1 coat of BFCS, hit the interior for a vacuum and cleaning, and hit a car with a 2nd coat before giving keys back to the owner. Saves me about an hour versus a wax and can do a Tahoe or like in 4 hours flat.

Another thing I have done that you might want to check out - search Blackfire Rapidfire combo (Total Polish and Seal AIO + BFCS)
    Blackfire Crystal Seal

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    You'll find everything you need to know about BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal in this article I wrote:

Blackfire Crystal Seal - The 11 Minute Paint Sealant

Thanks for sharing. I love BF Crystal Seal. Sometimes I can see streaking however when using the blue applicator bad that comes with it. In your article you recommend using a microfiber applicator. Would a nice microfiber towel work? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I have a question. Last week I used the BFTPS then hit it with a coat of Mother's Synthetic wax. Can I use BFCS on top of the wax? Is that counter-productive? So many products, so much confusion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshooter View Post
    OK, I have a question. Last week I used the BFTPS then hit it with a coat of Mother's Synthetic wax. Can I use BFCS on top of the wax? Is that counter-productive? So many products, so much confusion

You can but aren't really "adding" much at that point. A synthetic wax is really just a watered down sealant in essence. You would have 3 coats of sealant and not sure the chemical work up of the mothers product and if it works in system with the BF tri-polymer blend.

You would honestly be better adding something with actual wax, like Midnight Sun, instead of another sealant if your goal is more depth or shine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast