autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like CG Diablo.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a Good RIM CLEANER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Meguiars d143 for regular weekly cleaning then iron-x every six to twelve months

Just be careful of the D143 on aluminum and powder coated rims.. its good for all OEM with clear coats on them

Post Thanks / Like

I would be cautious of a few of the recommendations, neither D143 or P21S wheel claim to be safe on the OP's wheel finish. I would be surprised that D143 would give a problem (looking at the ingredients), but better take Meguiars word on it. P21S doesn't give an MSDS online so definitely take their word and avoid.

Diablo should be safe, as should IX or sonax FE. If it was me, I would want to go with shampoo then IX (or similar). Then make sure they are sealed up well and keep to shampoo most washes with IX occasionally added to stop build up of bonded stuff. Keep the dedicated wheel cleaners (whether acid or non-acid) to coated wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    I would be cautious of a few of the recommendations, neither D143 or P21S wheel claim to be safe on the OP's wheel finish. I would be surprised that D143 would give a problem (looking at the ingredients), but better take Meguiars word on it. P21S doesn't give an MSDS online so definitely take their word and avoid.

Diablo should be safe, as should IX or sonax FE. If it was me, I would want to go with shampoo then IX (or similar). Then make sure they are sealed up well and keep to shampoo most washes with IX occasionally added to stop build up of bonded stuff. Keep the dedicated wheel cleaners (whether acid or non-acid) to coated wheels.

I think there may be some confusion with the p21s available in the US, versus the p21s red gel available in Europe.

The P21S wheel gel in the US claims to be safe for all wheels and brakes. They make the point half a dozen times or more on AG's page. I certainly don't trust marketing people more than a chemist, but I'm wondering if you are thinking of p21s red gel that we can't get here. I believe our p21s is similar to euro r222.

Also, I don't know where the OP is from, so people reading this in Europe may end up with something less safe (I'm not sure as I haven't seen the msds for either p21s product). But this is one issue with licensing your name in different countries to different products.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

For Bad caked on grime Brown royal. It's just as good if not better then Sonax FE. Cheaper as well.
    Everyday light cleaning CG sticky wheel gel. It's better then Diable IMO and cheaper.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Smartwax Rim Wax, I haven't used any other rim specific products so I can't compare it to anything. But it's easy to apply, easy to buff off and gives me awesome results. Doesn't hurt it smells just like grape soda.

It's basically the same thing as the CG wheel guard or whatever they call it. Not cheap, but with how little you have to use, a canister will last a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12