autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garage flooring

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garage flooring

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    A few people on facebook mentioned having it, they said they are not to bad to keep clean. Coating them with Hydr02 should help keep them semi clean.
    Thats cool, I know your going to enjoy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Centexhokie View Post
    You won't be sorry. I did mine a few months ago and I enjoy it every time I go into it. It makes a big difference.
    That looks great!
    2012 Toyota Camry SE | 2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited

Post Thanks / Like

That looks pretty sweet! You have quite a nice set up there. I wish my garage looked that clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreatAvalon View Post

That looks great!
    Thanks

That looks pretty sweet! You have quite a nice set up there. I wish my garage looked that clean.
    Thanks. It didn't look that good until a few months ago. I had to have something to put all of that detailing stuff in. In addition to the floor one of the best things I did which wasn't that much money ($65 each) was to add two (2) LED flood lights on the side. When I do an ONRWW it really makes it easy to see the cars and work. As I get older the light gets more and more important.

Good luck with your flooring. I know you'll be amazed at the change in the feel of the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

As was asked, how is the product at keeping liquids from getting underneath the tiles?

Also, do any of you have radiant floor heat in the garage with this stuff over the concrete? Interested in your comments on that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gokite View Post
    As was asked, how is the product at keeping liquids from getting underneath the tiles?

Also, do any of you have radiant floor heat in the garage with this stuff over the concrete? Interested in your comments on that.
    In my case I went with the Racedeck freeflow that let's liquids flow through and out of the garage. It takes the wash solutions off of the floor and lets them evaporate which is what I wanted in my flooring. If you feel the need to hold the fluid (i.e. if it is oil, brake fluid, etc.) then you can put in a liner (some folks put landscape fabric) under the flooring. The floors click together and are not imperious at the seams.

The radiant floor will have to answered by others. Here in TX we put that in a bathroom, but not in the garage

Post Thanks / Like

Well the floor came yesterday. I have some work to finish up on the ceiling this weekend, and hopefully get a fresh coat of white paint on it possibly Friday. Then this weekend I can put the floor down. Here is a picture of the garage I snapped last night. Certainly needs a lot of work yet, but it is getting there.

I think I might have found my big purchase for next year already though.

Will go perfect with my color scheme I have going!

Post Thanks / Like

The floor will be the easy part. Taking everything out the garage and painting it will be the work. Looking forward to seeing your after pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions on a floor that will be able to withstand snow, salt etc?

Living in Northern Ontario in a town that uses way too much road salt, is there anything available that won't need replacement in a year?
    REFINED SHINE
    Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

These tile are made of 100% polypropylene which wound not see having any issues with those elements.

And I don't plan on taking everything out, most of it was painted last year however I removed some old cabinets off the back wall and that area will need painted. You can see the area behind my KMG banner.

Post Thanks / Like

These tile are made of 100% polypropylene which wound not see having any issues with those elements.

And I don't plan on taking everything out, most of it was painted last year however I removed some old cabinets off the back wall and that area will need painted. You can see the area behind my KMG banner.
    For me taking everything out was good. Quite a bit didn't need to be put anywhere except at the street, but maybe you are less of a pack rat than I am. One key that I didn't do to start was to start in the "right" corner. If you start in the "right" corner then all of the snaps are press down. I corrected myself after making one row and thinking "this is stupid", then I realized that the installer (me) was the one that was stupid. I'm sure you'll be wiser. Enjoy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast