autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: finally finished my cart

Quote Originally Posted by Nominous View Post
    Awesome work, everyone. I'm thinking of buying a Harbor Freight 16" x 30" cart and I need some advice attaching the wooden slats. Do I need to bolt the wood onto the cart or did you guys use a strong glue/bond? I'm guessing the latter since, throughout this thread, there are no additional nuts or bolts on the outside of the carts where they meet the wood.

Also, where can I buy the Sterilite drawers in b0b's cart? I can't seem to find this specific one anywhere online.
    Wall mart and they are on sale for 17 bucks right now for back to school.

If you want to do it like the one on post one here is his cut list
    cart - Steel Service Cart - 24" x 36"
    drawers - Sterilite Medium Tall Modular Storage Drawers, Set of 4: Storage & Organization : Walmart.com
    Sterilite Narrow Modular Storage Drawers - Walmart.com

cut list (need 6 1x4x6ft)
    2 - 27 1/8
    3 - 23 7/8
    4 - 24 3/4
    3 - 22 3/8
    2 - 21 3/8

you can robably PM him and he can help you out more.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet View Post
    Wall mart and they are on sale for 17 bucks right now for back to school.
    Thanks for the reply, beamerstrumpet. I know where to buy Sterilite, but I was wondering what size were the ones that b0b was using. They don't look like the ones listed on Sterilite's site since these don't have indentations on the handles or directly above them on the opaque frame. Also, I can't find any 3-piece drawers that have a narrow one on top.

I've PM'd b0b a few days ago already, so I'll just have to wait patiently while rummaging stores. Really want these drawers in particular since they fit this cart perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, that cart is awesome! I think you just showed me what my next project is. I may do the same as you but add an extension cord and hard mount an outlet to it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, beamerstrumpet. I know where to buy Sterilite, but I was wondering what size were the ones that b0b was using. They don't look like the ones listed on Sterilite's site since these don't have indentations on the handles or directly above them on the opaque frame. Also, I can't find any 3-piece drawers that have a narrow one on top.

I've PM'd b0b a few days ago already, so I'll just have to wait patiently while rummaging stores. Really want these drawers in particular since they fit this cart perfectly.
    What about one of the 2 drawer ones and then add the one with 2 small bins on top? The two drawer ones, and then this ? look for the mainstays stuff also. I found this but seems they are out of stock, typical wall mart. wont restock teh stuff people actually want Purchase the Sterilite 5 Drawer Tower for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better..
    just trying to help

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool. Nice work

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this for the first time--VERY cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: finally finished my cart

Nice cart. I too finished my cart recently, but I built it from scratch with some left over materials from a large library project I did. All in, I have less than $50 total invested. Have a look and see what you think.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for not responding.... I got a new job and haven't checked the boards since....

You are correct, Sterilite doesn't have the 3 drawer that you see in my cart... I bought a 4 drawer and took the top drawer off and put the top back on. The top drawer that was removed was the same size as the new top drawer. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    Nice cart. I too finished my cart recently, but I built it from scratch with some left over materials from a large library project I did. All in, I have less than $50 total invested. Have a look and see what you think.

Nicely done, looks great

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by b0b View Post
    So sorry for not responding.... I got a new job and haven't checked the boards since....

You are correct, Sterilite doesn't have the 3 drawer that you see in my cart... I bought a 4 drawer and took the top drawer off and put the top back on. The top drawer that was removed was the same size as the new top drawer. Hope this helps!
    No problem, b0b, and thank you for the info. I'm guessing that this is the 4 drawer that you bought with casters underneath. It's funny because this drawer isn't listed on the Sterilite site anymore, so it must be out of production. Luckily, there are a few Targets around my area that still has them in stock.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567