autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric Pressure Washer

I have a Husky H2000 that I bought about 3.5 years ago. I haven't used it tremendously over that period of time but I did use it to power wash my house that had peeling paint. I spent two days washing the house virtually all day. Then the other day I used it on my truck for the first time. It works like a champ. It comes with three different wands and one of them you can select the power level you want. I got it at Home Depot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic View Post
    Karcher sucks period
    Really! What are your situational facts that support your opinion?
    I have a Karcher K2.26(anniversary edition) that has worked great, with much abuse, for the past one year and ten months. I blew out the hose but that's after a lot of dragging around, and it was leaking from a o-ring but still putting out great pressure. When I picked up a second one(a K2.28) for $50 I took my original apart cleaned up the pump and motor, flipped some o-rings around, put it back together, and it runs like it was new with no leaks. For $150 I have two pressurewashers that will probably last another year or two before needing the o-rings replaced, or the brushes in the motors. A lot more than I can say for the generic PW a friend let me borrow and broke after only several months of use; and it cost twice what it cost new to rebuild.
    As long as you pick a brand name PW to fit your needs and follow the manufacturer's recommendations on use and maintenance, it should last you and perform well. And like anything you plan on purchasing, always check reviews of the product to make sure there isn't a common problem with a particular item before purchasing anything. That's just my take on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TundraPower View Post
    I got one at Costco for $139. Can't beat it so far. Works great with foam lance.
    Same here but have not tried it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Karcher x series 2000psi and it's a hunk of junk. I bought it back in May used it 5-7 times a week on average for about 6 months and one day it just wouldn't turn on. They have a "rapid exchange" program where they just send you a new unit. But you have to take it to the local repair place. Which even the guy at the repair place said all they do is send them in for replacement.

So...3 weeks go by and I get a call from the repair facility asking how my service was and how the new unit was working. Well, I haven't received a new unit. So, I tell the guy this and he calls up Karcher. Apparently, they misplaced the paperwork that the repair facility sent in. So, they had to re-submit everything and I had to wait another week for my pressure washer.

Get the new unit use it 3 times and now it's leaking all over the place. Still gives out decent pressure, but they are just cheaply made machines.

Once this one totally dies on me I will be investing in a quality commercial unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buffguy View Post
    Do you know why the Kranzle's are so expensive? 2000psi electric kranzle for $1600, while a similar power karcher is $300 tops. Even the lowes one is $200. Is there something special about the kranzle to warrant the price?
    Your trying to compare a professional/commercial grade to consumer grade. The pumps are completely different; kranzle piston type vs. Karcher axial. The warranty on the kranzle pump and manifold are immensely longer. Any kranzle I found in that price range is worlds apart from any pw in the $200-$300 range. The hose and reel on any kranzle would be worth $200-$300 if not more. Just read the descriptions andbthey should sound very different.

Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO...

Electric power-washers are quieter than gas models,
    and can be used both indoors/outdoors.

However...Gasoline power-washers offers higher psi and gpm.
    Therefore: Gasoline PW's are the ones I recommend.

As such; and FWIW:

-Best to purchase a commercial-grade unit...never anything less than a Prosumer-grade.

-HP ,PSI, plus GPM determines the overall 'abilities'.

-Get at least a: 5-8hp; 2600-3000 psi; 2.5-3.0 GPM unit.

-The pump should be of a: "tri-plex design"...
    (I like Caterpillar's direct-drive triplex pumps)

-Unit must have (for me anyway): Low oil shutdown/thermal protection for pump & motor.

-4-5 yr. warranty for home usage

-Return/Repair facility network

-Easily accessible accessories...for customization

BUT:
    If Gasoline power washers are not, or cannot be: "your cup-o'-tea"...

-Convert the above figures to the highest electric power-washer NO.'s as possible...
    -Except for the pump---Make sure to keep it: "tri-plex"!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, apologies if I am bumping an old thread,

Thought this is an apt thread for my question..

I am planning to buy a Electric Pressure Washer....not many options are available here(India)..so decided to go for Karcher electric pressure washer..have two options.

1. Karcher - Car High Pressure Cleaner - K 2.110*EU

which is 1450 PSI at 1.5 GPM (after units conversion)

2.Karcher - Car High Pressure Cleaner - K 3.550 *EU

which is 1740 PSI at 1.85 GPM (after units conversion)

My question is will the first Karcher model suffice the requirement of effective foam wash with AG foam gun?
    (as the first is much affordable than second)
    I plan to use CG wash and gloss and DP xtream foam shampoo

I will be using the electric pressure washer quite often and regularly.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Venu, either unit is gonna work with a foam lance/cannon, but I would go with the unit that's gonna give more cleaning units/ability and handle more daily tasking.
    That said I think I'm going to be getting a gas powered PW ASAP. A unit with at least a prosumer grade pump that is adjustable.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks shaun for the input. I found only 3 brands readily available and short listed karcher. Gas powered not readily availble in India. have to be imported. So wanted to know if the first one was either workable or effective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the first one is acceptable for autos and light duty/cleaning elsewhere, as long as the numbers are correct. It has more cleaning units than both of the karchers I use which only have 2000-2015 cleaning units. Just don't expect more than about 2 years out of a PW that cost less than $200(notbsure what that converts to for you).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast