autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of shoes keep your feet dry?

Ok, obviously this isn't your typical "sweet garage!" topic, but an honest question regardless. My shop has no floor drain, and no real slope to the floor. I use a floor squeegee (sp!?) to push the water out between washing and drying. I just wear a my adidas' to work, and needless to say my feet get plenty wet, and my shoes are stinking up the living room... What do you guys wear when you work that keep your feet dry and are comfortable?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What kind of shoes keep your feet dry?

That's a good question I'm a girl though so It's harder for me to find something... I've seen people wear crocs but IDK Ive also seen alot of guys get waterproof shoes kind of like what people in restaurants wear... you can try looking at shoesforcrews. com I wear my all black reeboks that are like $40 and I wax them every once in a while lol still get water in when its high though :/

Post Thanks / Like

Crocs are perfect for detailing. Mine get cleaned with ARO followed by a coat of UTTG every once in a while for some nice low gloss sheen and great beading when washing cars.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from crocs (which would work better for a working environment to help protect your feet a little better), I would highly suggest these: Amazon.com: adidas Men's Adissage SC Sandal: Shoes. I picked up a pair from JCPenney for $25 and they're so comfortable to wear! Much better than any other sandal I've used, I was actually glad my wife's dog chewed up my last pair of detailing sandals I owned after I found these. Check them out at Kohl's, JCP, or whoever may carry them and you'll be impressed with the comfort.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wearing Topsiders in the garage for their anti-skid properties but they were killing my feet and legs with poor support. Picked up a pair of these a couple of months ago, not particularly stylish but they keep my feet dry, have an insole that provides good support and absolutely the best anti-skid properties of anything I've ever worn:

Ollie - Black / Men's - Slip On Non-Skid Shoe - Shoes For Crews

Looks like they had a recent name change, the model was called Santa Fe when I got 'em. Reasonably priced and pronto shipping.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickgodfrey View Post
    My shop has no floor drain, and no real slope to the floor. I use a floor squeegee (sp!?) to push the water out between washing and drying. I just wear a my adidas' to work, and needless to say my feet get plenty wet, and my shoes are stinking up the living room... What do you guys wear when you work that keep your feet dry and are comfortable?
    This is any outstanding question!

At the shop theres only a longggg drain to the entrance of each bay door and water never floats that way - I too have to squeege to keep the area dry.

Since its a body shop we can't wear crocks or gymshoes. I wear some Timberlands Pit Boss Workboots.

The boots are AWESOME. Here are important things about these boots I wear.

-I've had my pair for over a 1.5 years now and I'm just now thinking about getting new ones (thats 40hrs(+) a week with lots of bending, squating and water, dust, you name it I've had these boots in it).
    -There very comfortable and are water-proof.
    -Outstanding wet ground grip! I have never slipped...even on ice
    -Boots are also electronic hazard protection against the possiblity of eletric shock (while everyone does their best at the shop to prevent this you can never be to safe...I've even been shocked with water below my boots in the shop...and i've thankful I had these boots on).
    - They have a removable inside liner which I replace maybe about 6months ago with new Dr. Scholls because they were starting to wear down.

Heres a link...
    Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well. Not available in sizes larger than 11. And I need a 12.

Maybe they are just out of stock, and not unavailable.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a ton for all the ideas! I'm gonna have to try something soon, that's for sure. My regular shoes are getting flat out disgusting!

To you guys that wear sandals; don't your feet get cold from being wet all the time? Aside from that, they seem like a great idea!

Post Thanks / Like

In the summer, I use rubber boots like farmers and people who work in cheese factories. Not stylish, but they do the job for around $20. I don't wear them all day, just for washing and drying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    Oh well. Not available in sizes larger than 11. And I need a 12.

Maybe they are just out of stock, and not unavailable.
    Sorry about that. Here another site where I've bought shoes - Great Company!

Timberland PRO 6" Pit Boss Soft Toe Gaucho Oiled Full-Grain Leather - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

If you buy them, be sure to let me know how you like them. I'm sure you will love them!
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast