autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Tip for getting product out of 32 oz bottles

I recently received a 32 oz bottle of Opti-Bond and noticed that the opening on the bottle was rather large. I was worried that I would waste a lot of product because it would be difficult to control the flow of the product coming out of the bottle.

So I discovered an old empty bottle of dish detergent with the snap cap, rinsed it out and screwed it in top of the Opti-Bond bottle. This gives me a lot more control of the gel coming out of the bottle allowing me to pour it onto the applicator much easier. Once you're done, press the cap down and it seals it closed. I turned a full bottle upside down to see if there was any leakage when the cap was closed and nothing came out.

I imagine this will work on similar 32 oz bottles and not just Opti-Bond. Just thought I'd pass along a little tip I discovered to hopefully make my fellow Autogeeks lives easier.
    My Versa probably looks better than yours

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tip for getting product out of 32 oz bottles

I transfer all my commonly used products into 8 ounce (or less) containers. This allows me to transport a lot of stuff (if needed) to do a job.

For instance, I transferred 3 ounces of optibond into a little travel container. This is enough opti-bond to do the wheels on several cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRaizer View Post
    I recently received a 32 oz bottle of Opti-Bond and noticed that the opening on the bottle was rather large. I was worried that I would waste a lot of product because it would be difficult to control the flow of the product coming out of the bottle.

So I discovered an old empty bottle of dish detergent with the snap cap, rinsed it out and screwed it in top of the Opti-Bond bottle. This gives me a lot more control of the gel coming out of the bottle allowing me to pour it onto the applicator much easier. Once you're done, press the cap down and it seals it closed. I turned a full bottle upside down to see if there was any leakage when the cap was closed and nothing came out.

I imagine this will work on similar 32 oz bottles and not just Opti-Bond. Just thought I'd pass along a little tip I discovered to hopefully make my fellow Autogeeks lives easier.
    That's a great tip that i will be using for sure

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same thing with my wolfgang tire dressing since i have the gallon. It allows me to put a more exact amount with more control
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up the autogeek squeeze bottles when they were on BOGO a while ago. Works great for my 105/205 as well as the klasse twins. They let me keep just enough on hand to tackle any job i've had so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Initially I just pour product from the gallon or quart size into the smaller squezze type bolltes. When the larger containers get low. I make sure the cap is tight,and turn them upside down. The next time for refill. I pour all I can out,cut off the top half, (tappered area),take a flat paint stirrer,or rubber spattula,and remove the rest. I hate wasting product in the corners. I think of all my products like Folgers! Good to the last drop!