Poorboy’s World is proud to announce our first Fall Detailing Weekend October 3rd & 4th. Vehicle space will be limited, so please sign up on this thread so we can get an actual count. We would like to keep it limited to on-line people, from any site. One of our goals is to put faces to the names we talk to on-line. We use the weekend format so there is time for personal interaction and instruction. Many people want to share how to use the products and machines to their fullest extent. Individuals and families are welcome!! There is NO FEE... EVENT LOCATION
210 West Nyack Road
West Nyack, NY 10994
845-215-9700 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Checklist for Attendees
For those of you planning to attend PB Detailing Day this weekend, here is a quick checklist of items that will be provided on-site as well those items you are expected to bring yourself. Poorboy's will provide for your use:
- The full line of Poorboy’s World branded products, except microfiber towels.
- Water source, hose, buckets, and mitts for washing vehicles. Sorry, no brushes will be provided.
- Ice cold bottled drinking water all day.
- A few pop-up tents will be available by lottery style ..not first come
-BBQ (hotdogs / hamburgers (anyone wishing to bring other food is also welcome)
- Upon arrival, Sign in at the registration table and receive a name tag.
-park where indicated in assigned spots
- If possible, arrive with a freshly or recently washed vehicle. While washing implements will be available on site, time would be better spend on other aspects of detailing.
- Provide your own PC and/or rotary buffer along with all necessary accessories such as electrical extension cords, pads, bonnets, wrenches, and connectors.
- Provide your own applicator pads and microfiber towels.
- If desired, bring your own lawn chairs and sunscreen.
- PLEASE LEAVE ALL OTHER PRODUCTS AT HOME
- At the end of the day, please clean up after yourselves.
While many of you may delight in comparing detailing products from various manufacturers, please keep in mind that this weekend is being sponsored by Poorboy's World. This is an opportunity for everyone to try Poorboy's World products for free and get personal hands-on help with our detailing questions. So, it would be considered good manners to stay on topic by focusing our attention on Poorboy's World products for the duration of this event FAQ
Is the goal to Detail Each and Every car exterior?
After meeting and greeting, everyone will be detailing their own car. Some people will be here just for helping others...it's a great opportunity to watch other people and how they get their results. I will walking around and will try to help and demonstrate for anyone and everyone who would like to see a product that they have not tried or are not getting all they want out of their finish.
I'd like to see everyone leaving at the end of the weekend with a shiny car, so we can take pictures and then share with the rest of the on-line communities.
Since we are located next to a body shop, there will be plenty of spare hoods and fenders to practice and demonstrate rotary skills. If this is of interest to you, please make a note of it, so we can gather the parts in advance.
There will be more information as we progress and all suggestions pertaining to the event are welcome
We also need to know if you will be requiring a hotel/ motel room , so we can try and work out a deal with a local and convenient place.