autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torq 22D

Post Thanks / Like

Torq 22D

Hey all. I see lots of new large throw DA'S out there and am curious if anyone has tried CG'S Torq 22D. I have their Torq10FX, the PC7424XP, and a Flex 3401. I'm pretty happy with all three but with so many new options for large throw machines I wanted to get some honest opinions from people who have actually tried it before I rule it out. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Torq 22D

Not to get off topic, but how do u like the torq10?....I was close to buying one but went
    With a gg6 instead for the warranty and power
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Torq10FX for applying sealant or wax and it is smooth and easy to operate. I don't use it for correction anymore as I feel it needs just a little more power. I like my PC for minor correction and my Flex for more agressive correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Torq 22D

There appears to be a scary amount of distance between the BP and the shroud. Makes no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

the next one to add to the arsenal...

Griots Garage BOSS Long Throw Orbital Polisher System
    i am the jump starter.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd wait for comparative reviews between the Rupes MKII and Flex XCE long throws to pour in but that could be a long way off.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's a good thing I'm not wealthy I think I would be considered a buffer hoarder. 😎

Post Thanks / Like

That has to be a 10FX since I have a 22D and the shroud is quite close to the backing plate. It is so close that I have to be quite careful going over curved surfaces as for it to not stop the plate from spinning.
    As far as comparing it to other long tho DA's I have no clue. It does have plenty of power and does a quicker job than my GG6. On my brothers Escalade I did ruin two white hex logic pads doing less than half the truck, foam delaminated from the velcro. I switched to the Orange Lake Country HD Orbital Foam Pads and had no further issues.
    Here is the only pic I could find of my 22D that shows how close the backing plate is to the shroud.

I alsothought it did a nice job on my brothers truck.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    There appears to be a scary amount of distance between the BP and the shroud. Makes no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you share with us some of your thoughts leading to your purchase of this particular machine?

Post Thanks / Like

I would assume they are the same as most people that are considering getting one.
    1. Cost for a 21mm throw DA.
    2. I am not a pro so absolute reliability wasn't a factor. I am not even what I would consider a hobbyist since all I do my own cars my brothers two (who paid for half of the 22D for doing his Escalade) my two kids and my ex-wifes.
    3. Back in 2011 when I 1st got my GG6 the Bigfoot wasn't available and I really had a hard time deciding between it and a 3401 and went with the GG6 because of cost and the few times I would use it (or so I thought) wouldn't justify the difference. It didn't take too long before I wished I would of gone with the flex. Even till since I had the GG6 I just culd not justify $400+ for a more effective machine and when the 22D came out $100 cheaper it was the tipping point for my. And even now I am not letting my GG6 go to waste since I just put a 3 1/2" BP on it for tighter spaces.

So far I have only done two cars with it, my bothers Escalade and my daughters civic. But within the next week I am going to try and do my Caddi and my son's lexus. I just have more than a few paint chips to try and fill on my black caddi before I polish and coat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast