autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polisher for beginner

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I would recommend the MT300. I just used it and it blew my PC 7424XP away. Are you in the LA area? Asking because of the username.
    Yup. I'm in North Hollywood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eandras View Post
    Not a machine junkie. I have an understanding wife that knows I use detailing as a relaxation technic. Where can you rub a curve other then your spouse or significant other with such tenderness and not get slapped in the face or yelled at?

I am an enthusiast that really likes to detail. I can't do it full time because I make great money were I work and I love what I do there. So,I have to be a professional detailing enthusiast.

Dave you are fortunate that you make a living at what you like doing.

I would also offer that I agree with Dave go for the flex if you have the money.

Also see if there is a member in your area that you could meet and see if they would be willing to let you try a da. Could be an option.

Ed
    Great reply Ed!!!

You know I was just pulling your leg and wouldn't have said it if I didn't like you and think you have a great sense of humor.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave I took no offense. I wanted to give a good response that either go big or not at all. I am an Enthusiast. I find detailing very relaxing and is a way that helps relieve stress from my full time job. I am always going to Mechanicsburg and one day I am going to go to stop by and meet you. I enjoy reading your post as well as BobbyG who I have met at a PoorBoys detailing event.

Unfortunately I was unable to go to your detailing event last year I am sure we would have gotten along sharing stories and having a cold one. If you have one this year I'm there

Ed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LAKings22 View Post
    Yup. I'm in North Hollywood.
    I recommend you head over to one of the Meguiar's Thursday Night Garages. Head over to Meguiar's online and sign up. You will learn a lot there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eandras View Post
    Dave I took no offense. I wanted to give a good response that either go big or not at all. I am an Enthusiast. I find detailing very relaxing and is a way that helps relieve stress from my full time job. I am always going to Mechanicsburg and one day I am going to go to stop by and meet you. I enjoy reading your post as well as BobbyG who I have met at a PoorBoys detailing event.

Unfortunately I was unable to go to your detailing event last year I am sure we would have gotten along sharing stories and having a cold one. If you have one this year I'm there

Ed.
    You're welcome to swing by anytime Ed. you can get my phone number by clicking my website. give a call ahead of stopping by to make sure i'm around. Usually either at the shop, at the crib or out fishing locally. I'd love to meet you and hang for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    You're welcome to swing by anytime Ed. you can get my phone number by clicking my website. give a call ahead of stopping by to make sure i'm around. Usually either at the shop, at the crib or out fishing locally. I'd love to meet you and hang for a while.
    Sure will call. Just don't know when I am scheduled to go out

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently getting rid of my GG6 comes 6" and 5" Backing Plates also the White brissel attachment for carpets and seats. I've had it a year. If your interested shoot me a PM. Pics are available.
    2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5S Burgundy.

+1 Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

If you like to tinker, there are several threads on the Harbor Freight DA( item#69924 ). There are easy to do upgrades and videos on youtube to help. You can look at all the HF deals, just google harbor freight slickdeals. With a 20% off coupon, which is easy to get, the price today is $56. Their 6" palm polisher is good for removing wax when you don't want to use the DA. It is item#90219 and is $18. 2 polishers for less than $75. Not much $$ to throw away if you decide you are no longer interested. I have had mine for 2 years with all the mods and it works perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LAKings22 View Post
    Which company do you recommend that offers both great customer service and great products?
    the GG6, G15 and G21 are all excellent choices and Griot's has some of the Best Customer Service (Warranty as well) around PERIOD!
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

btw, it looks like cg's has come out with the a large throw DA as well...
    [ame]youtube.com/watch?v=bhsBiCNvAEY&feature=player_embedded[/video]
    i am the jump starter.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast