autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Constant Spray Bottle Issues

Long story short, I am over the quality of every spray bottle I have used. I have a couple of commercial bottles I got at big box stores, as well as a lot of spray products in my arsenal. I also have the Meguiar's APC spray bottles with the upgraded nozzles. Over the past three weeks, I have sent two bottles of Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant back because they simply don't spray at all, just drip out or nothing at all. The other ones I have do the same thing. Is there something causing these to fail? I can't see why a good product like the UP would have faulty nozzles. The buttons are obviously on and I am not pointing them at the ground.

I've done some reading, and it looks like the spray bottle to get is the Kwazar Mercury. Is this the route I should go, just buy new ones that are nice? Any other options I should consider? Sick pf pumping 20 times to get 4-5 good sprays and then nothing. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Constant Spray Bottle Issues

The chemicals in the products will cause the issue.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

The Kwazars are very nice. I find that the longer I own them, the better they spray. As if, there is a break-in period.

Post Thanks / Like

try cleaning the nozzle after each use or maybe once a month. I spray the nozzle in Hot water works everytime...

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the HDX sprayer from Home Depot...$1.75 ea....32 oz....have not had any issues....

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Tolco makes a lot of the rebranded sprayers that are on the market. They have a "T" on the side

They make several different sprayers based upon what you will be spraying with them. The internal workings, like seals are different to resist the effects on harsh chemical

I do like the Kwazars and the black veterinary version is good too

Sometimes I run into a brief issue when I am pulling the trigger too fast or "short stroking" the trigger and not letting it return to its full rearward position

The grey Tolcos are good, but will not stand up to Megs Wheel Brightener. For harsh chemicals, I try to take the spray head off...dip the tube in a bottle of water and give it a few pumps to clear the MWB, before reinserting in in the MWB bottle

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Grey Tolco "T" sprayers for everything. I get them locally for $1.25 and $0.50 per 32 ounce spray bottle. I have had the same sprayers without replacement for the past 5 months and except for one that I had to replace because I dropped it and landed on the trigger from a high distance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Tolco makes a lot of the rebranded sprayers that are on the market.
    as does calmar. as mentioned (been doing this for years) you can always flush the sprayer after you're done with it with water...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    The Kwazars are very nice. I find that the longer I own them, the better they spray. As if, there is a break-in period.
    I had issues with both of the Kwazars that I ordered. Both of them the sprayer head section separated from the part that screws onto the bottle. Had the bottle fall and damn near hit my trunk with one. The other I just grabbed the bottle from the shelf and was walking with it to the car and it fell off.

They pop back together and work fine if you don't loose the ball that sits in that section.

Really like the Tolco Mega round bottles like autogeek sells. But with the grey sprayers chemical resistant sprayers. Tolco also makes gold and black sprayers that are acid resistant

Post Thanks / Like

I've had great luck with Tolco grey and the calmar sprayers (like what come on the Blackfire products). I have not had to replace any of these in 3 years. I don't use any acid based products. APC, IronX, TarX are about the most aggressive products I use and they have all been fine with these sprayers.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast