Great review/write up Chris!
1) Clear your inbox please
I seriously wish we can have more than 50 messages (received/sent combined)
2) If you measure one area and it says 126, and then you measure the same area again, would it be very accurate and say 126? or jump +/- 3 or something?
3) How much does that thickness gauge you bought cost?
4) *this is kind of a duhhh question but I will ask anyways* if it reads 5 microns or something, does that mean it is close to burning through the clear and getting into the color paint?
5) What happens if you measure a single-stage paint, what readings would show? and what happens if you measure a clear-coat failure area or area with no clear coat, would it measure 0 microns?
6) You said you did 2 layers of CQF to get 5 microns. Have you tried just doing one layer and seeing if it adds ~2.5ish microns? or would you think one layer still adds ~5.0 microns and 2 layer was just for even coverage?
7) Since you detail cars for a living, would you be able to measure a customers car with no wax, measure it again with one coat of wax, and then measure it again with 2, and maybe 3, to see if the coats of wax actually layer? I know a lot of people including myself like to put two coat of wax for even coverage, but wanted to know if it also adds extra thickness to the coat of protection, even if it was minimal, even nano in size like Bob explained to me
Thanks for reading and answering