autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Foamaster Foam Cleaning Gun Review

After attending the Detailing 101 class, you get to apply your $30 class fee to an AutoGeek order. My $30 credit went towards a Wolfgang Quart Foamaster Foam Gun delivers a thick layer of foam to your vehicle to give the paint maximum lubrication as you wash. Enjoy a safer,

Here is my review of the gun. I opened the box and it included all of the following.

The assembly and usage instructions are real easy to follow. I used the foaming wand, but the package also contains another nozzle if you are using a non-foaming car wash.

I really liked the spray nozzle by itself, which uses a brass quick connect valve to connect to the soap container/foam wand. The entire assembly seems to be high quality and if taken care as in the instructions would seem to get years of use.

Instructions for the quart bottle (it is also sold in half-gallon size) indicate to use 2 oz of soap in the bottle, fill with water and shake to agitate. I used the included sample of shampoo. DP Xtreme Foam Formula High Yield Foaming Auto Shampoo- Foamaster gun car wash

The gun uses a slide to change the ratio of foam/water. I had it set to halfway, so you could really lay down a thick layer if you set it to maximum.

This shampoo indicates it is specially formulated for foam guns and it lays down a great layer of foam. I only had the sample so I will update this review when I use my normal Dodo Juice Shampoo, Dodo Juice car wash, sour power gloss enhancing shampoo . It will be interesting to see how a shampoo not designed for a gun will work.

I used the foam gun in two ways. After rinsing with water, I connected the bottle via the quick-connect and foamed down the car. One way to use is to provide a thick layer of soap to soak on the car and break down the dirt/grime so that you will not mar the vehicle surface when washing. It was so easy to use, even an 8 year-old can do it!

The gun lays down a thick layer of foam, since my car was fairly clean and waxed last week the foam did not stick as much as I thought on the car. I think on a really dirty car it would stick more and provide the pre-soak as indicated on the vehicle finish.

After letting the foam soak the finish for about five minutes, I also used the gun in my right hand to foam ahead of the wash mitt in my left hand. This made for an extra slick way to wash the car and not induce scratches. This was the reason I bought the gun. I still used the two bucket method for washing, but using the gun ahead of the mitt really works well.

The soap bottle is also on a brass swivel, so you can turn your wrist left and right while the bottle hangs below. This reduces how heavy and awkward the gun could be, plus it makes it easy to set the gun on the driveway and not have it tip over. A nice design feature.

All in all, it was money well spent. I plan on using it for all my washes moving forward.

Thanks for taking the time!
    Last edited by mchess1; 10-25-2009 at 01:22 PM.
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foamaster Foam Cleaning Gun Review

Thanks for the review Ive all ways be interested in one of those ill have to pick one up.
    2010 Scion tC - nautical blue metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CV_Tech View Post
    Thanks for the review Ive all ways be interested in one of those ill have to pick one up.
    Your welcome CV Tech. It was my first official write up review.
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Post Thanks / Like

yes, the foam gun is great (like anything else, not for everyone) and it's one item i would not be without in my arsenal. unlike many people who use it as just a pre-soak, i use it in conjunction with the wash media and use it to wash as well. may not be time consuming or quicker than the regular two bucket wash method for some, but i like the fact that every pass i make with my wash media, i can spray and have consistent lubrication in between before i touch the paint to help prevent any marring from happening...

here's a great video for anyone who hasn't seen it...

How to Detailing Video - Foam Gun

Post Thanks / Like

You did a great job on your first review, glad you are enjoying your foam gun!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking into a foam gun myself. My main interest would be safer and faster washing. If this is the safest way I am in, if I can do it faster that would be better yet

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! I also am a big fan of the Foamaster gun. Does anyone know where we could purchase extra bottles?

I've seen some people have them in there detail write-ups. The fill an extra bottle or two, for when the first one runs out...

Post Thanks / Like

I have this same Foam Gun, and I love it. I have noticed that even at the thickest setting for foam that it doesn't look like the photos of cars that are using the Foam Cannon that is using pressurized air, or water.

Is that the experience everyone else is having when using this? Could it be that I don't have enough water pressure to really create the thick foam that is really sticky on the car?

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Veo View Post
    Nice review! I also am a big fan of the Foamaster gun. Does anyone know where we could purchase extra bottles?

I've seen some people have them in there detail write-ups. The fill an extra bottle or two, for when the first one runs out...
    that's why i use an empty water gallon jug and usually fill 4-5 ounces of car wash, so i can re-fill it back up when needed (you can re-fill the foam gun four times from that). it's alot easier than having to put the soap and water and have to mix it up all back over again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonMTV View Post
    I have this same Foam Gun, and I love it. I have noticed that even at the thickest setting for foam that it doesn't look like the photos of cars that are using the Foam Cannon that is using pressurized air, or water.

Is that the experience everyone else is having when using this? Could it be that I don't have enough water pressure to really create the thick foam that is really sticky on the car?

Don
    If you're talking about this kind of foam:

You need to use more shampoo, if I recall correctly, the instructions on the side of the bottle say to add 2oz of Xtream Foam to 6-8oz of water in the container.

I can get that kind of foam at the highest foam setting but I usually prefer to use it on the medium setting as it gives a nice lot of foam without using too much Xtream foam (which isn't cheap to get here because of shipping )

Have fun foaming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast